SOLVED

Re: Streamlining event registration/newsletter sign-ups

Go to solution
jeavila
Level 1

Streamlining event registration/newsletter sign-ups

Hi All,

I am looking to streamline our event registration and/or newsletter signups by reducing the number of fields/steps a person will need to complete (i.e. potentially just collecting name and email). The goal is to reduce our overall webpage abandon rate. I am curious if anyone in the community has done this before, how this was implemented, and if any other tools were used to enrich data.

Currently, our leads follow a three-step process by submitting a non-Marketo web form and then verifying their work/business email. The form itself captures name, work/business email, company, job title, country, and state/province. This data then creates a Contact/Lead record in SFDC and is then synced to Marketo. 

Our concern here is that we will lose out on key data (e.g. company and title), along with potential issues in syncing Marketo person data back (e.g. program member status, etc.) to SFDC due to validation rules in place. Note: we also do not use Marketo forms for event registrations. This is captured through our AEM website.

Looking forward to insights/suggestions from the Community!

J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Any_Hsu
Level 1

The ideal flow is for Marketo to capture all of the lead info (form fill data) and then pass it to SFDC. 
You should be creating the event as it's own program in Marketo and then sycn that over to SFDC. Sounds like you are doing the reverse. if you are not using a marketo form, I assume AEM has a marketo integration where it can automate the forms to be linked to a marketo program and have leads flow through the program into SFDC. Several event management platforms such as Splashthat have marketo integration and can automate data flow into marketo. 

Any Hsu

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Any_Hsu
Level 1

The ideal flow is for Marketo to capture all of the lead info (form fill data) and then pass it to SFDC. 
You should be creating the event as it's own program in Marketo and then sycn that over to SFDC. Sounds like you are doing the reverse. if you are not using a marketo form, I assume AEM has a marketo integration where it can automate the forms to be linked to a marketo program and have leads flow through the program into SFDC. Several event management platforms such as Splashthat have marketo integration and can automate data flow into marketo. 

Any Hsu