Re: Stream 1 Cadence - change standard options.

AJA2010
Level 1

Stream 1 Cadence - change standard options.

Hi, 

I would like to get best practice on changing the timing on an engagement program. If I have 3 pieces of content (emails) in stream 1, where the standard timing is restricted to weekly of monthly, how do I change the cadence to the following in stream 1 which requires the ability to define daily? 

STREAM 1: 

Email 1 - send on Monday   - if send 1 opens, send email 4-in stream 2  / if unopened send email 2
Email 2 - send of Wednesday -  if send 2 opens, send email 4-in stream 2  / if unopened send email 3

Email 3 - send on Friday   if send 3 opens, send email 4-in stream 2  / if unopened consider EXHAUSTED. 

STREAM 2: 

Email 4 

Thank you 

AJA

4 REPLIES 4
torijeffers
Level 1

Hi AJA,

Engagement streams don't allow for daily sends via the cadence option. You might be able to break them each down into their own streams with Stream 1 being Monday, Stream 2 being Tuesday, and Stream 3 sending Wednesday - but if you want just one stream, it only allows a minimum of weekly. Then you can have a separate stream for Exhausted also where you want to move people if they don't open any of the emails (per your criteria). 

Otherwise, you'd have to use smart campaigns to send them which kind of defeats the purpose.

AJA2010
Level 1

Thanks torijeffers for clarifying. 

I wanted to be sure of the limitations before I go down a rabbit hole trying to do something that wasn't possible. 

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

@AJA2010, there's a possibility of doing this via a single stream, but you'd need significant logistics in terms of campaign build to pull this off. The idea is to set the stream cadence to run every day (select all the days, maybe not the weekend days if you don't want to send emails out on weekends in the Set Stream Cadence dialog), then have campaigns for each offer that change the engagement program cadence to the Paused state, add them to the apt wait step with advanced wait properties that'd flip the person's cadence back to normal. The end day in the wait step would be the day you'd want to send the next email. This could get pretty difficult to manage and scale if you plan on adding a lot more and a lot often content offers to the engagement program with different conditions and send days based on the previous offer's interaction activity.

Michael_Florin
Level 10