Strange: Sales Insight install confirmed but not showing up in SFDC

Anonymous
Not applicable

Strange: Sales Insight install confirmed but not showing up in SFDC

I'm working on implementing Marketo at one of our sister agencies, and all is going smoothly so far. I'm up to the part of installing Sales Insight, and followed the directions. I even get the email from Salesforce confirming package install, but there is no Marketo Sales Insight package installed under SETUP or when I go to the ALL TABS "+" icon area. 

Has anyone ever experienced such a thing? Is this a marketo or salesforce issue? We have enterprise and I am an admin. 
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Strange: Sales Insight install confirmed but not showing up in SFDC

Hey Naor,

Does the MSI package appear in Setup>Installed Packages?
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

To me, this sounds like a SFDC issue. Have you checked to see if there is something with your profile permissions that is preventing you from viewing it?  You may also want to make sure that the Marketo object tab is Default On for your profile. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is not visible under INSTALLED PACKAGES. I am an admin with the standard profile, so no reason it would not work or be visible. I am seeing under DEPLOYMENT STATUS a strange deployment error (not tied, numerically, to the package install) but occuring at the exact same time. I have contacted Marketo to see if they can help. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same exact problem.  Installing off AppExchange runs the org's unit tests and, in my case, a custom unit test fails. Oddly, when I run the test independently (via Developer Console, Eclipse, etc) it passes.  Very frustrating.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scott - we have no idea what code is doing the same on our end. We don't use any custom apex code anywhere, our salesforce instance is relatively new and unused. It is Enterprise, whereas I've had successful implementations on Professional Salesforce without any such problems. We're basically left to upgrade our SFDC suport so they can diagnose, or find a freelancer to do the same. Bummer!  
Anonymous
Not applicable

Naor - My failure is on the BillingAddress of the Account field.  Sales Logistix tells me this is not a real field on the account object!  Trying to query it results in an error.  Now to figure out why the error only happens on installation and not when I run my UTs via DevCon/Eclipse...

Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable

For anyone following along at home, I resolved the issue and finally installed Sales Insight!  I updated my UT code to filter out BillingAddress and ShippingAddress.  The reason the UT failed is because a newer version of the API runs when installing Sales Insight versus how my UTs typically run.  This particular failure mode is specific to my case, but definitely check your deployment logs for error messages!