SOLVED

Re: strange problem with engagement program

Go to solution
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Well, when streams 2 and 3 were cast, was your test record in either of them (you should check the person's activity log to find the Engagement Program Stream Changed activity in it)? Even if a person is in the stream, if they're not marketable or have reached their communication limits (set in Admin > Communication Limits), then they'd not be sent emails from the engagement program; you should check the person's activity log to validate this. Additionally, I hope you know that you'd strictly need to have non-operational (i.e., marketing) emails in the engagement program streams, as it cannot process or send emails marked as operational. It'd be great if you could also add a snapshot of the activity log of your test record so we can verify whether the person was transitioned to stream 2 and wasn't blocked when the cadence was run.

mainata
Level 2

Hi @Darshil_Shah1 ,

thank you very much for your help!

In the end it was actually the weekly communication limit. While testing on Monday and Tuesday, I kept looking at the activity log, but there was no indication that the weekly or daily limits have been reached. Only now did I see that the notice was there on Wednesday and Thursday. I increased the limit, then changed the time and I got the follow-up email. 🙂

At the end, on Tuesday, I tested all three streams using the stream test function and apparently these 3 emails were within the limit of 5 mailings per week. These are actually purely tests and not normal sends. That's why I didn't know that they counted, and it is strange that the three even got through because the daily limit is 2 emails. Well, apparently there were a lot of little things that played a part in the game and resulted in no mailings going out.
Now I know much better how to test engagement programs.

Thank you again for your patience and support!

You are my hero of the week 🙂

kind regards
mainata

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Awesome- I knew it had to be either one of the items I listed or a rare bug in the system! I am glad that you were able to figure this out As a best practice, you can always consider using a new person record for testing such flows where you might hit the email communication limits due to past sends, or at least be conscious of the same if you're using an existing test record. I'm so happy that you got to the solution with this and figured it out.

Vinay_Kumar
Level 9 - Community Advisor

I concur with Darshil. If you aim to send emails triggered by CTA clicks, it's advisable to choose the default program and devise a smart campaign to accomplish your goal.