Re: Stop tracking the anonymous leads

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stop tracking the anonymous leads

Hi,

we are getting lots of anonymous leads. So we decided to stop tracking the anonymous leads. How we can do that..? Could any one ssuggest a solution for this. ?
thanks in advance.

Jay
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jayanth,

We recently asked Marketo how to best tackle this issue their suggestion was as follows "...you could create a campaign with a filter looking for "Anonymous" equal to "True" which would bring up all anonymous leads. You could potentially filter on things like created date if you want to take out older records. Then in the flow have it delete the leads..."

However, we use multiple workspaces so instead we decided to create an Unknown lead partition and made these only viewable by a "Unknown" workspace with triggers to change the lead partition if/when they become 'known' in the future.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Victoria
Anonymous
Not applicable

Victoria's suggestion is the most appropriate from the functiional point of view. I am casting my "like".

However if you really want to stop tracking anonymous completely,  the Asynchronous jQuery – no new cookie nor lead if uncookied could be an option. Please considet thar carefully before deciding. It is better to filter out than loosing a potential good lead forever. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

As Breno mentioned, you can generate tracking code that will not track anonymous leads. 

We have further documentation available here:
http://developers.marketo.com/documentation/websites/lead-tracking-munchkin-js/