Re: Status not updating in SFDC after updating in Marketo

KaitlynNelson1
Level 3

Status not updating in SFDC after updating in Marketo

I realize this is more about SFDC but wondering if anyone has experienced this issue: 

We are going through the process of changing the names of some status in channels. For example: Channel- content syndication original status name- engaged then changed the name to - downloaded. 

We ran a test in Marketo and saw that the status' were updating in Marketo, but not in Salesforce. A colleague of mine ran a campaign specifically asking to sync to SFDC and it still didn't change. Is there a work around for this that doesn't involve us going into each program and running batch fixes?

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

AFAIK - if your SFDC campaign and Marketo program are synced with each other, then any changes in the campaign member statuses in SFDC or program member statuses in Marketo should sync bi-directionally (you may refer same on the documentation page too here). I'll do a test in my sandbox to test this out as well. Also, are your Marketo programs and SFDC campaigns linked/synced with each other? You can check if your Marketo program is linked with SFDC campaign by looking at the Salesforce Campaign Sync  in the Marketo program's summary page, if you see "not set", then your Marketo program isn't linked with any SFDC campaign.

KaitlynNelson1
Level 3

Our program is synced with the salesforce campaign! Not sure why it won't change in SFDC 

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

After doing some testing it does turn out that the bi-directional sync in the doc does solely cover the member status value updates i.e., if the status of the program/campaign members are updated to other legal status values in either of the platforms, the corresponding member status update is synced with the other platform - however this does not cover the change of value of the progression step/campaign status values all together (like you're trying to do in your case) - i.e., once the sync is initially done, there are no further updates sent across the SFDC campaign (and vice versa) for updating the member status values in case if the progression step values are changed, so you will have to update the progression status manually to both the Marketo program channel as well as in the SFDC campaign. However, if you create a new program with updated channel progression status values, the corresponding SFDC campaign created by the campaign sync will as expected have the new campaign member status values (i.e., the updated status values).

I usually prefer manually updating the SFDC campaign status values through the flow step in Marketo and don't rely on / use the Market program - Campaign member sync.