Re: Statistics for E-mails for Campaigns Triggered by an API Call

Anonymous
Not applicable

Statistics for E-mails for Campaigns Triggered by an API Call

Hello,

We have a series of campaigns that are triggered by an API call in the evening on each business day. (Monday to Friday.)

Some HTML is generated outside of Marketo, and then the API call is made to Marketo to a specific campaign so that a group of subscribers (based on a boolean field used to generate the list of recipients) receives an e-mail that contains that HTML.

When I look at the campaign in Marketo I can see all the times it was run and how many qualified leads there were each time it was run, but when I examine the e-mail performance report, I see those e-mails listed, but with very low numbers and only one entry for each e-mail. (Even though each of these e-mails is sent daily from Monday to Friday.)

Can anyone tell me where I can find the fine level data (Sent, Delivered, % Delivered, Hard Bounced, Soft Bounced, Pending, Opened, % Opened, Clicked, et cetera) that appears for the rest of the e-mails in the e-mail performance report for each run of this campaign? Is that data even available?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hi Osman,

Email reporting data is on a per-lead, per-email basis, so if a lead is sent the same email multiple times, then the data for subsequent send is not recorded for reporting purposes unless the outcome of the send is different i.e. if the first send soft-bounced but the subsequent send was delivered.  To circumvent this, the cloneToProgramName parameter was added as an option to the Schedule Campaign API, Schedule Campaign » Marketo Developers .  This clones the existing parent program of the campaign, along with the internal assets, such as the campaign, and email.  This in turn generates a new email status record which will report separately from the original email.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Interesting, thanks Kenny!

I'm wondering the report parameters are correct - did you ensure the Date of Activity covers the right range and the smart list is what you want?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. Thanks. Nothing wrong with the configuration. The data simply isn't available given how we've configured these campaigns.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Kenny! I actually spoke with technical support about this, but I wasn't aware there was and option to clone the program via the API call. Definitely worth looking into. Thanks!