SOLVED

Re: SSL certificate error: This certificate is only valid for the following names: *.marketo.com, marketo.com

Go to solution
Amelia_Thompson
Level 2

SSL certificate error: This certificate is only valid for the following names: *.marketo.com, marketo.com

When switching from HTTP to HTTPS I get the following error:

This certificate is only valid for the following names: *.marketo.com, marketo.com

Where the website in question is for example: 'https://info.mycompany.com/[path to assets here]'

I'm guessing this means the SSL certificate is not properly configured for this subdomain. Has anyone seen this issue when switching to HTTPS?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: SSL certificate error: This certificate is only valid for the following names: *.marketo.com, marketo.com

I'm guessing this means the SSL certificate is not properly configured for this subdomain.

Correct.

More precisely, it means your custom SSL certificate has not been configured at all, and that your LP domain is still using the default Marketo cert. This is the standard behavior when you don't have the SSL add-on to your subscription.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I'm guessing this means the SSL certificate is not properly configured for this subdomain.

Correct.

More precisely, it means your custom SSL certificate has not been configured at all, and that your LP domain is still using the default Marketo cert. This is the standard behavior when you don't have the SSL add-on to your subscription.