SOLVED

Sorting by Columns in a Smart List (or List)

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorting by Columns in a Smart List (or List)

We want to create a Smart List of leads have exhausted content in any of a set of Engagement Programs, sort it by Lead Owner, and send it to the sales reps on a weekly basis as a Smart List subscription. Sounds simple, right? Guess what you can't do - sort by by any of these things:

Lead Owner Full Name

Lead Owner Last Name

Lead Owner Email Address

I can sort by (lead) email address, company, phone number, etc., etc.... nearly every column except one of the ones that would be helpful! Does anyone know how to determine which field result in "sortable" columns? Because the only thing I can think of here is to copy, say, Lead Owner Full Name, to another field that you CAN sort by. Any ideas?

(Note that we don't want to create separate Smart Lists for each rep; that would be too time-consuming to maintain.

Also do not want to send Alerts - because it would be too many alerts (e.g., One rep who owns 20 leads who all exhaust the same week = 20 alerts).

I can create an RCE report of exhausted content that is sorted by rep but that would contain ALL of them rather than just the newest batch).

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Sorting by Columns in a Smart List (or List)

Hi Denise,

You will not be able to do that easily in a smart list

lWhat I would do instead is create a boolean field, named "last week exhausted content". Then create a smart campaign that runs every week that:

• unflag all records that had been exhausted on week n-2
  • flag all records that had been exhausted on week n-1

I would then make this filter a dimension in RCE.

Each week, 24 hours after the smart campaign has run, just product the RCE report, filtering on the boolean field.

-Greg

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Denise,

You will not be able to do that easily in a smart list

lWhat I would do instead is create a boolean field, named "last week exhausted content". Then create a smart campaign that runs every week that:

• unflag all records that had been exhausted on week n-2
  • flag all records that had been exhausted on week n-1

I would then make this filter a dimension in RCE.

Each week, 24 hours after the smart campaign has run, just product the RCE report, filtering on the boolean field.

-Greg

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Interesting solution.

Denise, why do you want to do this? How will this list be helpful to Sales?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Josh - My client wants this done because entry into these particular nurtures is instigated by sales and they want to know when they have been "completed."

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg,

Thank you! That's a great idea.

Denise

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can create an RCE report of exhausted content that is sorted by rep but that would contain ALL of them rather than just the newest batch).

Could you not add a filter to the RCE report to only pull the previous week or whatever time period represents the "newest batch"?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh Hampleman (as opposed to Josh Hill - can't even use Josh H to distinguish between the two of you. ) -

RCE doesn't have filters for time periods. That's why Greg suggested creating the field.

Denise

Anonymous
Not applicable

RCE Timeframe.PNG

I was thinking of the timeframes available in Email Analysis in RCE.  Wasn't certain what RCE report you were using.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

With regards to the inability to sort on any column, there are many existing ideas on that topic:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Dan. I'll add my vote.

(Annoying because there is no discernible reason why some columns can be sorted and not others - at least not discernible to me!).