SOLVED

Some contacts have account data, some do not even though they are associated with an account - Dynamics 365

Go to solution
Kris_Latulippe2
Level 1

Some contacts have account data, some do not even though they are associated with an account - Dynamics 365

I have an odd thing happening in my Marketo instance (synced with Dynamics 365). Some of my contacts are showing their account field data, while others are not. All of these contacts are associated with accounts in Dynamics and all of the accounts and contacts have been synced to Marketo, there's just some that seem to have become 'detached' from their account.

I need to know if this is expected behavior and why it is happening. Or if not, I will log a case with support.

Here is an example of a contact that is correct and DOES show account data in the 'Company Info' tab:

image.png

Here is an example that DOES NOT show the company info:

Kris_Latulippe2_1-1704314280406.png

Both of these contacts are definitely associated to accounts in Dynamics but for some reason the company info is missing on some records.

Can anyone explain this behavior? Is it expected? We performed the sync recently and have been doing QA to ensure everything came over correctly.

We also checked to make sure that the correct number of accounts and contacts have synced and they match in both systems - so why are some contacts not showing their account data?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Some contacts have account data, some do not even though they are associated with an account - Dynamics 365

It's definitely not expected behavior for some contacts to have missing account data while others have it correctly displayed, especially if all contacts are associated with accounts in Dynamics and the sync seems complete. Here are some potential explanations and troubleshooting steps you can try:

• Field mapping mismatch: Check your Marketo field mapping configuration. Ensure the corresponding account fields in Dynamics are mapped to the appropriate company information fields in Marketo. Double-check for missing mappings.
  • Sync filter mismatch: Review your sync filter settings in Marketo. Verify that the filters aren't unintentionally excluding some contacts from the sync based on criteria like specific account fields or record ownership.
  • Verify sync user permissions: Missing permissions might not be a likely issue as some contacts show account data and others don't, but worth checking your sync user's permissions once.
  • Sync delays: Sometimes, sync between systems might have slight delays. Try waiting a while and refreshing the Marketo record to see if the account data populates.
  • Integration errors: Check the Marketo activity logs for any errors related to the Dynamics sync. Look for keywords like "mapping" or "account" to identify potential issues.

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, consider contacting Marketo support for further assistance. They can access your specific integration settings and data logs to diagnose the problem and help fix this.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Some contacts have account data, some do not even though they are associated with an account - Dynamics 365

It's definitely not expected behavior for some contacts to have missing account data while others have it correctly displayed, especially if all contacts are associated with accounts in Dynamics and the sync seems complete. Here are some potential explanations and troubleshooting steps you can try:

• Field mapping mismatch: Check your Marketo field mapping configuration. Ensure the corresponding account fields in Dynamics are mapped to the appropriate company information fields in Marketo. Double-check for missing mappings.
  • Sync filter mismatch: Review your sync filter settings in Marketo. Verify that the filters aren't unintentionally excluding some contacts from the sync based on criteria like specific account fields or record ownership.
  • Verify sync user permissions: Missing permissions might not be a likely issue as some contacts show account data and others don't, but worth checking your sync user's permissions once.
  • Sync delays: Sometimes, sync between systems might have slight delays. Try waiting a while and refreshing the Marketo record to see if the account data populates.
  • Integration errors: Check the Marketo activity logs for any errors related to the Dynamics sync. Look for keywords like "mapping" or "account" to identify potential issues.

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, consider contacting Marketo support for further assistance. They can access your specific integration settings and data logs to diagnose the problem and help fix this.

Kris_Latulippe2
Level 1

Thank you, Darshil,

Regarding your second bullet, where do I look to review my sync filters in Marketo?

Also, something interesting is happening. When I open and close the record in Dynamics, later on in the day it will show the account data (when none was present at first.) As you can imagine, this is not sustainable, as thousands of records are missing account data. Would you happen to know of a way to 'force' this to happen without manually opening and closing each record?

Thanks again!