SOLVED

Re: Social Form Overlay

Go to solution
Kristy_Murphy
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Social Form Overlay

Marketing Nation -

I'm hoping that someone has been here before and you can guide me. Our social folks are newer with Marketo. They want to do a dark post but they don't want to link out to a landing page. They would rather that when you hover over the post a form would pop up and then when that form is completed that it would be like a Marketo form and sync to our database. Does anyone know if you can do lightbox forms on dark social posts and send them to Marketo?

Kristy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Ooh no, you don't want to link to the REST API... the API you want here is the Forms 2.0 JavaScript API​.

There are lots of examples of posting hidden Marketo forms linked on the Community.

However none of this is going to enable a dark post to overlay a Marketo form. Facebook doesn't allow that.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Christine_Libro
Level 3

I haven't done this before with social, but we've done something similar. We have a page for leads on a Microsoft directory that goes straight into our Marketo system. Microsoft had all the documentation already (thank goodness!). I also know there are APIs you can use if you need to. Basically, the APIs take the information from the non-marketo form they see, populate the hidden marketo form, and then pull this back into Marketo's database with all past history. I worked with a developer to get this done: http://developers.marketo.com/  - REST APIs

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Ooh no, you don't want to link to the REST API... the API you want here is the Forms 2.0 JavaScript API​.

There are lots of examples of posting hidden Marketo forms linked on the Community.

However none of this is going to enable a dark post to overlay a Marketo form. Facebook doesn't allow that.

Christine_Libro
Level 3

Thanks for clarifying, Sanford Whiteman​!

Kristy_Murphy
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Sanford Whiteman​ very helpful feedback! I appreciate you taking the time. I will put my time in reading up on Forms 2.0 Javascript API.

Christine Librojo​ I appreciate your response.

I'll close this one out.