SOLVED

Re: SOAP API importToList can't find list

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOAP API importToList can't find list

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting a simple importToList call to work. 

I created a list called "TestList" in the Lead Database under "My Lists" (as described in the Managing Static Lists article), and used the exact same name in the importToList call.  However the response I get is always "List with name 'TestList' not found. (20114)". 

Is there some magic I need to do in addition to creating the list?  Or maybe did I create it in the wrong place?  Or use the wrong name?  Any ideas?

.  Topher
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try making your static list as a local asset. I seem to recall the new list calls only supporting lists within programs.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Also, just to note: I am able to use the listOperation call successfully with the same list.

.  Topher
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try making your static list as a local asset. I seem to recall the new list calls only supporting lists within programs.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, yes.  That was it.  Thanks.

.  Topher
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hrm.  As a point of interest: I cannot add a lead to a local asset list through the listOperation call.  So it seems the static list defined under the Lead Database tab and the static list defined under a Program are completely different beasts.

.  Topher
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think listOperation might work if you used the full name "program.list", but I'm not certain. That call was built well before Programs if I recall correctly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can test that... yes, that does work.  Excellent.

.  Topher