Smartlist

Anonymous
Not applicable

Smartlist

I'm trying to create a smartlist from a Salesforce field. When I put in the filter, the smartlist does not match my Salesforce list. There was only 1 field I dropped in when creating the list on Salesforce and used that same filter in Marketo. What could I be missing?

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Smartlist

If the field in SFDC is not synced to Marketo, you won't see it. Are you sure it is not in the filter list?

Check Admin > Field Management

But it sort of sounds like the Filter does exist in Marketo, but you mean that the Picklist may not match, which it may not since the Marketo side is only going to display values it knows about. It may also be that leads in SFDC are not synced to Marketo, so you are getting a different count?

Please be more specific or provide screenshots for further help.

Jessica_Kao3
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

After checking all the items Josh has mentioned, you also want to take into consideration the type of report in SFDC vs Marketo.

Marketo does not discriminate between leads and contacts so you will see them all in one report.  In SFDC, if you are looking at a lead report you will see all leads and/or leads that have been converted.  If you are looking at a contact report, you will only pull in contacts.  This is a common source of difference between reporting in SFDC vs Marketo.  Like Josh said if you can provide specifics on the type of report you are pulling from SFDC that would be helpful. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm pulling an opportunity report in SFDC. The filter I used in SFDC does exist in Marketo...which is the report I created. The problem is Picklist doesn't match. There are more names in my SFDC report than in my Marketo report. All the names in my Marketo report do match SFDC.

Below are my filters on SFDC and Marketo. It seems to me that Marketo is pointing to the right filter, but I'm still coming up with different numbers.

pastedImage_0.png pastedImage_1.png

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Has Opportunity returns a list leads who have a contact role in an opportunity, not a list of opportunities, so the results will be very different from and SFDC opportunity report.  You'd probably want to compare it with a Contacts with Opportunities/Roles report, or whichever class of report looks at people who have opportunities.