Re: Smartlist Filter issues! Leads not qualifying how I think they should...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Smartlist Filter issues! Leads not qualifying how I think they should...

I am sending lead info into marketo via API from a single page checkout form.

I send a createOrUpdate ajax call each time they focusout of an input box, IF they have a valid email address entered AND they're clicked the "receive marketing emails" checkbox.

The default value of "isCustomer" is "false." This gets updated to "true" via ajax call when they complete an order.

I would like to set it up so that 2 hours after the lead is created, IF "isCustomer" is still false, an email is sent to them.

I setup a smartlist with the following filters:
- Lead is Created: Created Date: In Past Before: 2 Hours
- Is Customer: Is Customer: False

It's not working, and I'm not sure why.

5 REPLIES 5
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Graham,

What API are you using?

Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

<REST API Endpoint URL>/rest/v1/leads.json
http://developers.marketo.com/documentation/rest/createupdate-leads/
But the leads are getting into my lead database with no problem.  It's qualifying for the smart list where the problem shows up.  If I use ONLY "isCustomer" filter, then everyone gets added to the smart list because every lead is created with "isCustomer" set to false. 

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi agin Graham,

And you are calling it from the client browser? If so, this is quite dangerous.

Now, if the lead showing the data value change on the "isCusgtomer" field? If yes, the smart list shoud be working, if no, the issue is in you API call.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is on a Wordpress install, so the client is sending user input data to the backend and the call to Marketo is made with PHP.

A separate call is made to update the lead to "isCustomer" :"true" once they complete an order. 

So, every lead is created with "isCustomer" set to false.  I want to send them an email if "isCustomer" is STILL false 2 hours later.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Is isCustomer a boolean field in Marketo or a string field? A string field could be empty, and not just true or false. If the default creation passes no value to the field instead of setting it to false and the field is a string, the field will be empty.

Otherwise, check on the activity log the values that were set on lead creation and that no change was made to the isCustomer field during the 2 hours.