SOLVED

Betreff: Smart list subscription alternative

Go to solution
PatrickCumiskey
Level 2

Smart list subscription alternative

I am looking for a way to send a list of customers that have unsubscribed within the last week to an internal stakeholder each Monday.

I know I can build a smart list and subscribe this person to the smart list and send an email notification each Monday so they are able to download through the email link. HOWEVER, I do not want this list to update dynamically. I need to send a new static list every week.

The issue with the first solution is that if the person downloads the list on Tuesday rather than Monday, the smart list will be missing the customers that unsubscribed on the 7th day.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Smart list subscription alternative

Yes, the Download Report CTA lets you download the snapshot version (.CSV file) of SL when the subscription email was sent to the recipient (and not when the Download Report CTA was clicked). Recipient can click on SL URL in the report to view the real time report/SL in Marketo. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Betreff: Smart list subscription alternative

First of all: I don't have an answer. 🙂

But I'm struggling with this exact question myself. I know - or probably better: I guess - that Marketo's Smart List subscriptions have an issue with rolling windows as in "Last 7 days". I have a current project that sends a subscription daily with a setting of "Last 1 day", but if you try to download this report 3 days after it hit your inbox, it returns an error. Which I kind of understand, as Marketo cannot create snapshots of former states.

So what could be the solution? Create a Smart Campaign that runs weekly and adds persons to a list? And then have a Smart List subscription with "Member of List"? Will that report be downloadable 3 days after it hit you? I don't know.

But that's all I can think of. No report returns lists of people, only Smart List subscriptions do.

Darshil_Shah1

I’m not exactly comprehending what issue you’re facing, but hopefully below is something that may clear out some clouds around report subscriptions:
If you click the Download Report CTA in the report email, it will be a static link containing the Smart List data at the time the subscription was sent. If you want updated/real-time dynamic list of people, you may click the Smart List URL in the report email and then export the list from within the Marketo.

Hope this helps.

PatrickCumiskey
Level 2

Ahh!

So when you receive a subscription email and click to download the list - This list is a "snapshot" of the list at the time of the smart list at the time the subscription email was sent?

I thought this download would be dynamic and show a snapshot of the smart list from when you clicked the link in the subscription email to download the list.

Is the first instance is correct, this is exactly what i need - I have just misunderstood how this works.

Darshil_Shah1

Yes, the Download Report CTA lets you download the snapshot version (.CSV file) of SL when the subscription email was sent to the recipient (and not when the Download Report CTA was clicked). Recipient can click on SL URL in the report to view the real time report/SL in Marketo. Hope this helps.