SOLVED

Re: Smart list question

Go to solution
Nurture_Ninja
Level 4

Smart list question

I need to create a smart list to look for records originating from CRM. I'm having a little difficulty putting this together. Kindly help. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

You can use the "Person Was Created" filter with the "Source Type" constraint set to "salesforce.com". Marketo adds the apt Source Type info for all the records that get created in its database i.e., this is something that is system-managed, unlike the other custom fields (assuming you have one) that may or may not have the accurate info/susceptible to being updated thus being unreliable.

Darshil_Shah1_0-1696518746558.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Danielle_Wong
Level 8 - Community Advisor

If you're looking for records that are created in Marketo from CRM sync, you can look at Original Source Type and Info. It should list your CRM in the Original Source Type drop down when you build the smart list. 

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

You can use the "Person Was Created" filter with the "Source Type" constraint set to "salesforce.com". Marketo adds the apt Source Type info for all the records that get created in its database i.e., this is something that is system-managed, unlike the other custom fields (assuming you have one) that may or may not have the accurate info/susceptible to being updated thus being unreliable.

Darshil_Shah1_0-1696518746558.png

Nurture_Ninja
Level 4

Thank you. In the smart campaign, how can I set up a condition for not changing the source of these leads which are from CRM. This is specially when I'm importing leads. If I'm importing leads for a seminar, I have the the lead source set for those leads related to the seminar but I want the CRM leads' person source unchanged. Thanks