SOLVED

Re: Smart List question on program member field - Marketo Prep Exam

Go to solution
Guitarrista82
Level 6

Smart List question on program member field - Marketo Prep Exam

Hi Community,

Another question I missed on the prep exam is similar to the one I created below.

Leana is a marketer tracking where leads are coming from for her Acme social campaigns. utm-source is a program member custom field. She has exported the data from Adobe Marketo Engage for two programs: Paid Social – Widgets and Paid Social – Wadgets. The data can be found below:

Guitarrista82_1-1641244219962.png

Given the following smart list criteria:

Guitarrista82_2-1641244351742.png

Guitarrista82_4-1641244409680.png

Question: How many members are in each smart list, assuming each row in the spreadsheet represents a single lead record?

A. 
List 1: 7

List 2: 7

B. 

List 1: 5

List 2: 6

C. 

List 2: 7

I had chosen C as the answer, but the correct answer, according to Marketo prep exam, is:

My assumption is that B is the correct answer because only one person's (U) value under the Paid Social - Wadgets list actually got updated to Linkedin. The other person with the Linkedin value (O) also has Linkedin under the Paid Social - Widgets list. Does this explanation make sense?

Thank you,

LK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Hi @Guitarrista82 

The reason B is the answer is as follows.

• L, O, P, R, T qualify for the smart list as only these records have Paid Social - Widgets updated to linkedIn

• This has a filter logic of 'ANY', therefore L, O, P, R, T, U qualify for the smart list
  • O will only qualify once, even though Paid Social - Widgets and Paid Social - Wadgets have been updated to linkedIn
  • Smart lists queries the database records, and does not qualify the same record multiple times.

Hope this helps.

Floyd

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Hi @Guitarrista82 

The reason B is the answer is as follows.

• L, O, P, R, T qualify for the smart list as only these records have Paid Social - Widgets updated to linkedIn

• This has a filter logic of 'ANY', therefore L, O, P, R, T, U qualify for the smart list
  • O will only qualify once, even though Paid Social - Widgets and Paid Social - Wadgets have been updated to linkedIn
  • Smart lists queries the database records, and does not qualify the same record multiple times.

Hope this helps.

Floyd

Guitarrista82
Level 6

Hi Floyd!

This helps a ton...Thank you so much!

All the best,

LK

Akshayt148
Level 1

Thankyou, it worked for me to get a report on program member field.