Re: Smart list in email program auto update

Richard_Olivera
Level 1

Smart list in email program auto update

Hello,

We are in the process of setting up a birthday email campaign which should go out on the first day of the month of the customers birthday. We set it up this way because the coupon code is only valid for their birthday month so we figured it would be best to send it out on the first day of the month rather than on their birthday. I cloned the same email program 12 times (one for every month) and parsed out the birthday month (see screenshot below) from their birthdate.

Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 10.42.35 AM.png

I scheduled every email program for the first day of the month. My question is: does the smart list auto update whenever someone new has their birthday month set to "03" even though the email has already been scheduled? We currently have a count of 600 ish people for every month but that number will grow as more people opt in. Should I be concerned with refreshing each email program every month?

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

does the smart list auto update whenever someone new has their birthday month set to "03" even though the email has already been scheduled?

Of course.

But it's not actually "auto update": qualification rules aren't evaluated until the SC runs.

Amit_Jain
Level 8 - Community Advisor

Smart lists are dynamic lists and will be auto refreshed for every email deployment.