SOLVED

Re: Smart Campaign results do not match with the Smart list results

Go to solution
Sadhana_Ravuri
Level 1

Smart Campaign results do not match with the Smart list results

Hello All,

I have set up a Smart Campaign (trigger) on Marketo. It goes as: If the person takes an action on the form, send a certain email to them.

The 'Sent email' results on the Smart campaign shows as 405. 

To confirm my results, I have created a smart list with the same filter but the result shows only 1 here.

I am understanding that since the email is included in the Smart campaign flow, the results are more accurate. Because the Smart list has been created separately, there is a discrepancy.

Did anyone have the same experience? Would appreciate your insights on this use case.

Thanks! 🙂 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Email send activities are considered high-volume activities and are purged from the lead act log after 90 days. However, the results tab in the campaign may still reference the send activities. FYR, smart list references data from the lead activity log. To verify, you could open a couple of records from the campaign results and see if you're able to see the corresponding send email activity in the activity log.

You could also create an email performance report to see if you're able to see email send numbers more aligned with the campaign results. If this email was sent by multiple campaigns/email send/engagement programs, you could add the Member of Smart Campaign filter to the report's smart list to get results specific to the campaign of your interest.

View solution in original post

Vinay_Kumar
Level 9 - Community Advisor

Could you please provide the following details:

1. What logic have you put in your smart list? Could you please share the screenshot if possible?
  2. When did you send the email? The date/days matter because Marketo retains the email send activity for 90 days only.
  3. Have you verified the data creating an email performance report as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Email send activities are considered high-volume activities and are purged from the lead act log after 90 days. However, the results tab in the campaign may still reference the send activities. FYR, smart list references data from the lead activity log. To verify, you could open a couple of records from the campaign results and see if you're able to see the corresponding send email activity in the activity log.

You could also create an email performance report to see if you're able to see email send numbers more aligned with the campaign results. If this email was sent by multiple campaigns/email send/engagement programs, you could add the Member of Smart Campaign filter to the report's smart list to get results specific to the campaign of your interest.

Sadhana_Ravuri
Level 1

Hello Darshil,

Thank you for your feedback.

I see that the Email program was scheduled 90 days ago due to which the discrepancy was occurring.

Vinay_Kumar
Level 9 - Community Advisor

Could you please provide the following details:

1. What logic have you put in your smart list? Could you please share the screenshot if possible?
  2. When did you send the email? The date/days matter because Marketo retains the email send activity for 90 days only.
  3. Have you verified the data creating an email performance report as well.

Sadhana_Ravuri
Level 1

Hello Vinay,

Thank you for the feedback.

Because it is my company's internal data, I am afraid I will be unable to attach the screenshots here.

However, like you have mentioned, the email program was scheduled 90 days ago due to which the discrepancy was occurring in the data.