SOLVED

Smart Campaign Remove from Flow?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smart Campaign Remove from Flow?

Hi Folks, 

So I have a question for the group. Thought I had this working correctly, but do not. So basically we have a simple onboarding drip campaign for Trial users...the sign up, come in as Trial and they are on there way. What I am trying to do which is not working is that if the users PD_Account_Type Value changes from Trial to Paid they are removed from the Drip Campaign for the free Trial. I am doing this in a seperate smart campaign that I though basically sniffed that out...along with looking for people that have come in Paid, Comp and so on. Issue is they are not getting pulled out of campaign..and I need them to since the are paid and we are asking them to pay/upgrade in later emails. Here are the screen shots of each campaign...

General Onboarding/Conversion Part

Smart List

0EM50000000SsNp.jpg

Flow (We send five emails over the 2 week period)

0EM50000000SsNz.jpg

Schedule
0EM50000000SsO4.jpg

No This is the Campaing that I though was sniffing out and would remove a person from the flow above, but is not working..

Smart List
0EM50000000SsOE.jpg

Flow
0EM50000000SsOJ.jpg

Schedule
0EM50000000SsOO.jpg

I thought that would do it, does not seem to work...see below of user whos Data valu changed from Trial to Paid but still got emails a few days later...notice value change at bottom of this email..

0EM50000000SsOd.jpg

So my question is...what am I doing worng and how do I fix it?

Thanks

Craig B.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Smart Campaign Remove from Flow?

Hi Craig -

On your Smart List, for removing from flow, I see a couple things. 

1) For the trigger campaign, it may be helpful to add that the previous value was: TRIAL

2) when is the "PD_Role” being identified?  If it is happening AFTER the “PD_Account_Type” is changed, then your smart campaign would not run because the role is not populated yet

If the role is crucial, then I would ensure that the it is populated first then the “PD_Account_Type” is populated second.

Hope this helps, 

-Travis

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Craig -

On your Smart List, for removing from flow, I see a couple things. 

1) For the trigger campaign, it may be helpful to add that the previous value was: TRIAL

2) when is the "PD_Role” being identified?  If it is happening AFTER the “PD_Account_Type” is changed, then your smart campaign would not run because the role is not populated yet

If the role is crucial, then I would ensure that the it is populated first then the “PD_Account_Type” is populated second.

Hope this helps, 

-Travis

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Travis,

Thanks for getting back to me, so I think  I had it set up incorrectly thinking the filters after the trigger were "or" statements not "and"...that is correct right they are "and" statements?

Assuming that is correct then this should do the trick..

0EM50000000SsPq.jpg

(does that value order matter?)

Assuming the statements are again "And", values of people that come in as Team, Admin, Comp...would never have been put into the original Trial Trip cause that is set to only except PD_Account_Type is Trial...So at this point we would only be looking for accoun values of people who went from Trial to Paid...before the full Drip had ended..(.i.e. dedided to pay 1 week in to there 2 week trial)

0EM50000000SsPv.jpg

We were trying to put in some safety filters, but they may have ended up tripping it all up?

That make sense? This seems logical...but so did the last one? 

Thanks again for your input really do appreciate it.

CB

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like this should work, Craig!  

My only other recommendation would be to create a smart list to identify anyone that has the "PD_Role” and “PD_Account_Type” that you want to be removed and remove them from the flow to prevent any headaches in the next couple of weeks.  

Let me know if you need any additional help!

-Travis
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Travis!

Will do, again appreciate your input on all this.

CB