SOLVED

Re: Smart campaign - pass value from flow to thank you page.

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smart campaign - pass value from flow to thank you page.

Hi everybody.

I am using Marketo form which on submit action triggers my Smart Campaign and then redirects a user to an external link (set up as a form Thank You page). Smart Campaign uses webhooks to access 3rd party service which returns some data that I would like to pass to my Thank You page or original page before user gets redirected.

Is there any way to wait until the Flow of Smart Campaign is finished, pass the collected data to client side and then redirect user to a Thank You page?

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

+1 Chris, Justin.

What you're describing is simply not feasible for production use. Webhooks can get into the trigger queue and execute quickly, but that's still not pause-in-between-pages quickly.

If 3rd-party data is necessary on the follow-up page I would connect to the 3rd-party service from the browser. There's no advantage to having Marketo sit in the middle.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_Johnston
Level 8

What type of data? I would be really cautious about slowing down the user experience in this way. I assume it wouldn't take long to get the data back via the webhook but the more you add, the more it could slow down or at least have the possibility of degrading the customer experience. If you could, I think a follow up email with the data might be a better approach.

Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Ruskin Dantra

I don't think this is achievable - if you are setting the form URL dynamically, that needs to happen based on the form inputs itself or based on something calculated on the page in JS. There is no reliable way I can see to use a value retrieved via a smart campaign triggered by a form submit to control the follow up page of that form submit.

Furthermore, even if you could, it could take time for the smart campaign to run and then the webhook to return the data that you need, which would create a poor user experience.

What is the information you need to determine or personalize the follow up page? Can you explain more about your use case?

Perhaps there is a way to pre-calculate it on the form page to avoid waiting on the smart campaign/hook combo.

---

Justin Norris | Perkuto​

SanfordWhiteman

+1 Chris, Justin.

What you're describing is simply not feasible for production use. Webhooks can get into the trigger queue and execute quickly, but that's still not pause-in-between-pages quickly.

If 3rd-party data is necessary on the follow-up page I would connect to the 3rd-party service from the browser. There's no advantage to having Marketo sit in the middle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you guys for your feedback.
Initial idea was to validate a user through a 3rd party service and push validation token to the client side. Based on your responses I will definitely readjust my approach.

Thank you.

SanfordWhiteman

What service is that?