Re: Smart campaign member not receiving email

Anonymous
Not applicable

Smart campaign member not receiving email

Trying to trouble-shoot why a certain lead that meets all of my Smart Campaign criteria is not receiving emails (the lead is not marketing suspended). The lead appears in my Smart Campaign status tab, under summary--where you can view all members-- but is not populating in Smart Campaign results, thus leading me to believe they are in fact not receiving these emails. Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Lizzie,

We need more to go on. Can you share screenshots? Can you look at the lead's activity history?

Is the lead in the Blocked List or the Qualified List?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Josh,

Campaign criteria:

Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 3.32.56 PM.png

Lead in question is Moses Humes. He is not blocked or qualified/in wait step.

He appears on campaign member list:

Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 3.35.41 PM.png

His lead activity log:

Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 3.38.46 PM.png

Let me know what else you need to move forward. Thanks!

Lizzie

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

There are some possibilities:

1. he is a campaign member, meaning he already qualified and went through, so if this campaign is set to Run Once for each lead, he cannot go through again.
  2. Now, if he went through but never triggered the email for some reason, it could be because there was a Choice Step for that email which he did not meet.
  3. He could also have a duplicate record which did qualify, although it is hard to tell here from the screenshot.
  4. He could have other email fields set to  Email Invalid=T, Unsubscribed=T, blacklisted=T that could make him a member, but block the email flow step, assuming there are other parts to the flow.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Josh,

I've checked and verified that he does not fall into any of the 4 scenarios you've suggested above. It's also not possible that this lead is up against our communication limits, as we have yet sent him any Marketo communications.

I did find an anomaly on his activiy log around the "changed reporting days" data value. All other members of this campaign that are successfully receiving emails go from 0 to 1 to 2 to 3 and so on. For the lead in question, this data value jumps from 0-3. But according to our smart list criteria, am I correct in thinking that shouldn't effect the flow? 

Can you advise on any other possible causes?

Thank you,

Lizzie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update?

Lauren_Beth
Level 6

Hi Lizzie - Josh probably has it covered in the above but we've had similar issues and in some cases it has simply come down to our communication limits.  The lead had already received their limits for the month, thus they were not sent any new emails.