SOLVED

Smart Campaign Flow to Send to rest of the list after initial send email flow step

Go to solution
Danielle_Wong
Level 8 - Community Advisor

Smart Campaign Flow to Send to rest of the list after initial send email flow step

Hello, I am looking for confirmation that the flow below works as I expect. I am trying to send only to the smart list members first, and then 4 hours later, send to anyone who didn't get the email yet. Does the below do this? I want to ensure that people won't accidentally get the same email twice in this flow. 

Danielle_Wong_0-1649439343325.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Smart Campaign Flow to Send to rest of the list after initial send email flow step

send to anyone who didn't get the email yet.

Didn't get the email, or weren't sent the email from Marketo? There's a difference!

This campaign will send Email A to all the people who qualify for the smart campaign's flow AND are member of the SL MKTO TEST 5.9.21, wait for 4 hours, and will send the Email A to the people who qualified for the campaign but were not sent the Email A.

If you want to attempt re-sending emails to the folks who didn't receive the emails from the flow-step 1, you can use Was Delivered Email condition instead in the flow step 3. It's noteworthy to mention here that there are chances that not all the people who were sent email in the flow step 1 would have got the email delivered into their mailbox after 4 hours of wait step (i.e., sent vs. delivered). Also, by using the Was Delivered condition in the choice step - it may be a case that even though the email sent from the flow step 1 didn't get deliver during the 4 hour wait step, but may get delivered after that - i.e., in that case the person will be sent Email A once from each Send Email flow step. I assume that you're not using / haven't used this email asset earlier or anywhere else (this eliminates the possibilities of email activities from previous sends). Let us know if you have any questions. 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Smart Campaign Flow to Send to rest of the list after initial send email flow step

send to anyone who didn't get the email yet.

Didn't get the email, or weren't sent the email from Marketo? There's a difference!

This campaign will send Email A to all the people who qualify for the smart campaign's flow AND are member of the SL MKTO TEST 5.9.21, wait for 4 hours, and will send the Email A to the people who qualified for the campaign but were not sent the Email A.

If you want to attempt re-sending emails to the folks who didn't receive the emails from the flow-step 1, you can use Was Delivered Email condition instead in the flow step 3. It's noteworthy to mention here that there are chances that not all the people who were sent email in the flow step 1 would have got the email delivered into their mailbox after 4 hours of wait step (i.e., sent vs. delivered). Also, by using the Was Delivered condition in the choice step - it may be a case that even though the email sent from the flow step 1 didn't get deliver during the 4 hour wait step, but may get delivered after that - i.e., in that case the person will be sent Email A once from each Send Email flow step. I assume that you're not using / haven't used this email asset earlier or anywhere else (this eliminates the possibilities of email activities from previous sends). Let us know if you have any questions. 🙂