SOLVED

Single Email Reports Building a dashboard or other high level view to make success transparent

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Single Email Reports Building a dashboard or other high level view to make success transparent

Nine months into Marketo I have yet to find a way to view the simple data that (I believe) we all like to see on a per-ermail basis.

Note: Marketo does indeed offer out-of-the-box dashboard-style repoting for email blast campaigns specifically, viewable after a blast completes, and these do display some of the information needed for an evaluation, but have two critical flaws imho. These are:
1 - These dashboard email reports are static and connot be customized.
2 - (Static or not) They cannot be used to view email assets that are not in blast programs.

I am hoping that someone, somewhere, has found a succinct way to view the results of a specific email in a transparent (and user defined) way. I am not looking for anything complex when I say user defined. Just a way to build basic stats into one place.

It seems that currently we need to build out multiple smart lists or reports per-item, then manually synthisize the data into an old school spreadsheet to get the scope of the success of any given email sent.

This is a generic wish list (that I believe would help all of us emensely if it were possible):
- Top Links Clicked (if more than one)
- Subscribers with the most opens
- Total Recipients
- Successful Deliveries
- % Delivered
- Hard Bounces
- Soft Bounces
- Total Opens
- Open Rate
- Total Clicks
- Click Rate
- Clicked to Open Ratio
- Unsubscribes

*This functionality is provided by most platforms (from Mailchimp to Awebber to Infusionsoft) and I am having a heck of a time living without them.

To leave on a positive note, I am rediculously impressed with Marketo's ability to automate.
That said, I think we would all like to automate content that is -working-. And for that, we/I need transparancy into what that is on this level.

Thanks in advance to all. A solution would be wonderful.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Single Email Reports Building a dashboard or other high level view to make success transparent

Most of those are contained within the Email performance Report.

Top Links Clicked is within the Email Link performance Report.

Subscribers with Most Opens - that'd be difficult to do outside of a smart list. But you could run a Lead Performance Report, group by Email Addr and a Smart List constraint on the Email/Link/Times.

Otherwise if you have RCE, you could build these reports and data directly, probably within 1 or 2 reports.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13

Re: Single Email Reports Building a dashboard or other high level view to make success transparent

Most of those are contained within the Email performance Report.

Top Links Clicked is within the Email Link performance Report.

Subscribers with Most Opens - that'd be difficult to do outside of a smart list. But you could run a Lead Performance Report, group by Email Addr and a Smart List constraint on the Email/Link/Times.

Otherwise if you have RCE, you could build these reports and data directly, probably within 1 or 2 reports.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Josh.
I appreciate how much you post here, and the support you give members very much.
(Your 800+ page book was a big help when starting out with this platform. I printed and annotated the whole volume! Thanks for that too.)
I will begin wrapping my arms around RCE.
I have needed to get to that and this can serve as my excuse. +_+

Happy holiday!

Jeremiah

Dan_Stevens_

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes.

Just like that.
My inner mareter almost cried.

Do you have a link to that webinar by chance!?

Dan_Stevens_

Check out the intro video at the bottom of this page: https://www.emailonacid.com/email-preview/analytics Most of the info in the webinar is contained in that video.