SOLVED

Scope of "Data Value Changes"

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scope of "Data Value Changes"

Hi,

When I put "Data Value Changes" choosing a specific field in a smart list, does the flow for this work even when the specific field gets some value for the first time (that is to say, when the field gets changed from a blank) ?

It is likely that it does not work.... In this case should I add some other flow for the case the field gets some value for the first time?

Pls advise!

Tad
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Scope of "Data Value Changes"

Hi Tad, there is a slight difference between a field getting a value for the first time, and a record being created with a field value. If there's a chance that the record is just being created and it has the values you're looking for, then you'd want to have two triggers: Data Value Changes, and Lead is Created. Then you'd also want to use a filter with the field that you're looking for and value that you're looking for, so that any records created with that value or when the field changes to that value, it will fall into your smart list.

Otherwise, if the field was empty before, and is getting a value for the first time, the data value change filter should work alone. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Tad, there is a slight difference between a field getting a value for the first time, and a record being created with a field value. If there's a chance that the record is just being created and it has the values you're looking for, then you'd want to have two triggers: Data Value Changes, and Lead is Created. Then you'd also want to use a filter with the field that you're looking for and value that you're looking for, so that any records created with that value or when the field changes to that value, it will fall into your smart list.

Otherwise, if the field was empty before, and is getting a value for the first time, the data value change filter should work alone. 
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Also, I wasn't quite sure if you were referencing a smart campaign or just a smart list above, so sorry for the cross-terminology used... let me know if it was unclear!
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Dory is correct, you have to have

Lead Is Created
Data Value Changes IS "X"
[Filter] Field X IS NOT EMPTY

for this flow to trigger any time that field changes or goes from Empty to Not Empty. Marketo does not log a DVC when a lead is created the first time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Josh and Dory

Great Thanks!

Tad