Re: Single Customized Thank You Email

S_D1
Level 4

Single Customized Thank You Email

Hi,

I want to have a centralized thank you email for all success. I have created a local asset - email and want to customize the content of Thank you email based on the success.

such as -

Thanks for your interest! Here's a link to your recent download: {{my.Simple campaign name/Download link}}

Question -

How can I manage the token for " Simple Campaign name " and " download link" so that two leads downloading two different whitepaper from two different programs, get Thank you email with the customized campaign name and download link.

12 REPLIES 12
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The problem is that a single global Smart Campaign won't pick up the program-level tokens.

For the campaign name, you can even use one of the built-in tokens like {{program.name}} or {{campaign.name}}, so you'd only need the {{my.downloadLink}} to be manually maintained. But unless the SC is local to the program, it won't pick up the tokens.

S_D1
Level 4

Hi Sanford,

I am still trying to build a centralized thank you email for all forms filled on company website.

I am trying to send only the download link - such as

Thanks for your interest! Here's a link to your recent download: {{lead.Download link}}

The token {{lead.Download link}} is working fine in some cases when I am filling any form on company website, but not every time( getting old link some times)

Can {{lead.Download link}}  pick correct link every time we fill a form on company website?

On our website, We are one particular marketo form.

SanfordWhiteman

Trigger based on Data Value Changes to that field, not on Filled Out Form.

S_D1
Level 4

Sorry, not clear to me.

Please find the smart campaign that I am using.

If I select, Data Value Changes Capture.PNGin this smart list - it is asking for attribute.

SanfordWhiteman

RIght, and the attribute is Download Link.

I'm saying that if you want to ensure that no changes to the field are missed due to race conditions, trigger on that field change (which will be via a form fillout), not the fillout itself.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

but that would only work for leads that already exist in Marketo - not net new ones, no?  You can also include a "person is created" trigger along with the "Download Link" is not empty filter, but there still could be some race conditions that would disqualify qualified leads from running through this.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

..which is discussed in greater detail here (regarding the race condition of including a filter with the "person is created" trigger): Trigger fires due to Data Value Change but Filter for the same field doesn't reflect the change - fo...

SanfordWhiteman

Correct, in this case I'm dealing specifically with the form-based race condition. You would also need a Person is Created trigger -- and I do not believe there is a race condition in that case because the original insertion is atomic (contains all fields).

S_D1
Level 4

Hey,

Does this look ok?

Capture.PNG