SOLVED

Re: SIFU API use in Marketo

Go to solution
Jay00031987
Level 4

SIFU API use in Marketo

Hi Marketo User,

I was wondering if anyone have ever tried to use SIFU API https://github.com/proversity-org/jupyter-sifu in Marketo.

I am looking for UI design based on SIFU API in Marketo.

Can it be used via any third party application? kindly suggest

Link- https://github.com/proversity-org/jupyter-sifu

Jay
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

In the loop back we are not sure how much API will be consumed but I am sure it will be in bulk API and can exceed the daily limit.

I don't understand your phrasing. The webhook wouldn't have any use for the Bulk API unless all of the records are being added to the same lead.

So, any alternate way so that I can minimize this API call or if it exceeds can Marketo support increase API call based on pricing?

You minimize the overall number of API calls by using the Bulk Import API, not by inserting records one-by-one. Therefore this wuold not be a fit for a webhook-triggered process.

Even buying more API calls will not solve this problem because there's a finite # of inbound calls you can expect Marketo to process per day and a limit to the number of webhook calls per day. You must bulkify if you're going to be inserting more than ~50K CO records per day.

A person visits website and add products to the cart or purchased in last months and we can recommend that product to user via email campaign? Please share any recorded webinar or link which has covered this use case in Marketo.

This sounds like you need an intent data platform like Bombora, which does integrate with Marketo COs.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman

I can't fathom any natural connection between Jupyter Notebooks and Marketo.

Please explain exactly what you mean by "integration" of these disparate platforms.

Jay00031987
Level 4

Integration purpose is to call SIFU API via webhook and storing data either in custom objects list or lead database and use the data in email design as a my token. As Muelsoft contains all connector to connect one API to other one. Hence, I was wondering if anyone has implemented this in Marketo if yes, I want to understand Marketo behavior in this case. so, any comment will be helpful to start this in Marketo.

Jay
SanfordWhiteman

As Muelsoft contains all connector to connect one API to other one. 

Please don't trust MuleSoft, or any iPaaS, to connect 2 platforms completely, correctly, or efficiently.

Integration purpose is to call SIFU API via webhook 

Webhooks (Marketo's outbound API) cannot write to COs. If you want to write to COs, that's an inbound process to Marketo. It can't be done directly by a webhook, which only writes back to Lead/Company fields.

And which SIFU API endpoint(s) are you talking about? Where do you see the ability to retrieve notebooks "for use in email design" (and considering a notebook can't be embedded in an email, not sure what that means)?

Sounds like you need to articulate your detailed business and technical requirements, and work with an experienced Marketo partner. I can say with 99.999% certainty that no one has integrated Jupyter notebooks with Marketo emails before.

Jay00031987
Level 4

I am not sure which threat you are assuming with Muelsoft. is there any recent history or open threat?

So, Webhook can't call direct CO with outbound API thanks for clarification!

The SIFU API endpoint, which I am working it is already designed by developer I just need to call the Endpoint and it retrieves product category, link and name with respective SIFU API.

Our Marketo partner are suggesting to breakdown the SIFU API data and store in CO and then use it.  

Jay
SanfordWhiteman

I am not sure which threat you are assuming with Muelsoft.

Threat? No, but merely having a "connector" with the Marketo logo next to it doesn't mean anything until you put it through a battery of representative tests. Countless examples across all major iPaaS platforms.

The SIFU API endpoint, which I am working it is already designed by developer I just need to call the Endpoint and it retrieves product category, link and name with respective SIFU API.

OK, therefore it's not the native SIFU API. Because if the endpoint was "designed," it must be an abstraction (= API gateway) between Marketo and the back-end SIFU API. It can have different semantics and capabilities from the native API. No idea what those are.

In any case, if you want to write to a Marketo CO a webhook-triggered process (because the webhook itself can't create the CO) may work. But as you haven't provided enough insight into your architecture it's impossible to tell whether a webhook-triggered loopback to Marketo, or a fully standalone process, is the right choice.

If you loop back from a webhook and use the CO API you can't exceed your number of daily API calls (which of course are shared across all your apps, so you need to cooperate with other API clients).  A standalone process, on the other hand, can batch import COs.

Jay00031987
Level 4

In the loop back we are not sure how much API will be consumed but I am sure it will be in bulk API and can exceed the daily limit. So, any alternate way so that I can minimize this API call or if it exceeds can Marketo support increase API call based on pricing?

Also, is there any feature in Marketo, which can perform same feature. Below is the use case

A person visits website and add products to the cart or purchased in last months and we can recommend that product to user via email campaign? Please share any recorded webinar or link which has covered this use case in Marketo.

Jay
SanfordWhiteman

In the loop back we are not sure how much API will be consumed but I am sure it will be in bulk API and can exceed the daily limit.

I don't understand your phrasing. The webhook wouldn't have any use for the Bulk API unless all of the records are being added to the same lead.

So, any alternate way so that I can minimize this API call or if it exceeds can Marketo support increase API call based on pricing?

You minimize the overall number of API calls by using the Bulk Import API, not by inserting records one-by-one. Therefore this wuold not be a fit for a webhook-triggered process.

Even buying more API calls will not solve this problem because there's a finite # of inbound calls you can expect Marketo to process per day and a limit to the number of webhook calls per day. You must bulkify if you're going to be inserting more than ~50K CO records per day.

This sounds like you need an intent data platform like Bombora, which does integrate with Marketo COs.