Showpad/Marketo Integration and Getting Showpad Shares to Add to SF Campaigns

eaveni4287
Level 1

Showpad/Marketo Integration and Getting Showpad Shares to Add to SF Campaigns

I have integrated Showpad with Marketo and set up the following flow in Marketo to get Showpad shares to be added to Salesforce campaigns. The problem is it does not seem to be picking up any results despite Showpad shares happening from Showpad. I have not been able to get any good answers from Showpad themselves on how to manage this integration so I'm hoping someone on the forum can help me understand how I can get Showpad shares to record and then sync to Salesforce campaigns.

Any advice on how anyone has achieved this is welcome. Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 7.33.35 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-08-10 at 7.32.58 AM.png

7 REPLIES 7
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Showpad/Marketo Integration and Getting Showpad Shares to Add to SF Campaigns

Do you see the Showpad Share activity getting logged in Marketo? If yes, then you should verify whether the set Showpad Asset Ids activity attribute value matches what you have in the trigger campaign. Also, I see the Add to SFDC Campaign flow step is numbered 6, so do you not have issues with other flow steps? Is the person not able to flow through the campaign flow entirely or just not able to get added to the SFDC campaign? Based on this the troubleshooting steps would vary greatly.

However, if you don't see the Showpad Share activity in the activity log in the first place, then you should check the following items:

• Make sure that the integration is set up correctly. Specifically, the Marketo API user used for the integration must have the required permissions, as outlined in the Showpad - Marketo integration documentation.
  • Follow the correct process for sharing content with people. You can find more information on this process in the sharing content with Showpad documentation.
  • Keep in mind that internal shares between two users with the same corporate domain will not be tracked in Marketo. This is to keep data exclusively for shares to buyers, prospects, and interested parties outside of your organization. If you're using test records with the same corporate domain, then you won't see the custom activities getting logged in Marketo.

I hope this helps!

eaveni4287
Level 1

Re: Showpad/Marketo Integration and Getting Showpad Shares to Add to SF Campaigns

Thank you - the flow steps prior are just to change data fields which we use in other flows so those should be fine.

How can I tell if the Showpad Share activity is logging in Marketo?

Darshil_Shah1

You can create a smart list with Received Showpad Share filter (given that you have named the filter for your custom activity Showpad Shares as Received Showpad Share). This will pull up all people from your database who have Showpad Shares custom activity logged in the database. Alternatively, if you're testing using a test record, you can very well open up the person and see the activity log whether you have the corresponding Showpad Shares custom activity logged or not.

eaveni4287
Level 1

Thank you. I did this and it came up with No Records so it looks like people aren't being recorded as Received Showpad Share. Marketo won't allow me to check the API Connection Permissions because the user is in use. Is there any other reason you can think of that people would not record as receiving a Showpad share?

Darshil_Shah1

Is there any other reason you can think of that people would not record as receiving a Showpad share?

Did you check my first comment on this post in which I discussed some of the other reasons why you may not be able to see the Showpad Shares custom activity in Marketo?

eaveni4287
Level 1

I was going to try to create a new API role for this and I cannot find where to see all of those permissions outlined in the doc. This is the only options provided for me when I double click. Can you tell me where to allow all of those permissions? Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 9.23.41 AM.png

Darshil_Shah1

Please check this Marketo product documentation on Managing User Roles and Permissions. As a best practice, it is always recommended to give only the required set of permissions to each user (of course, include non-login-able API users too). Follow the principle of least privilege. 🙂