Re: Showing Program's Assets of a synced Salesforce Campaign

Aaron_Dear
Level 3

Showing Program's Assets of a synced Salesforce Campaign

Hey guys,

We want to show a Salesforce campaign/Marketo program's related assets (e.g. emails and landing pages) in Salesforce as part of a comprehensive view.

I've been peeking into the API, and I think I can query for email assets and landing pages within a folder, but unsure if I can surface assets associated with a Program.

Anyone doing this or curious about it?

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The Asset API allows you to crawl for static assets in Programs and Folders (both are folder types).

Aaron_Dear
Level 3

Ah, excellent. So I could absolutely do this then. Thanks Sanford!

Marissa_Cookson
Level 2

Hi Aaron Dear

I know this post is old but it's exactly what I want to do as well. My client has asked if they can see Marketo assets inside Campaigns in Salesforce. How is this done technically? Do you need a Salesforce developer to add a new section to the Campaigns view and link to emails / landing pages via the Marketo API?

Cheers

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Do you need a Salesforce developer to add a new section to the Campaigns view and link to emails / landing pages via the Marketo API?

You'll need not only your SFDC developer involved but a server which runs the integration code (running it within SFDC wouldn't be a good call).

This project is definitely doable but not for the faint of heart/skills. Marketo doesn't fire a trigger when assets are added to a program, so the whole mess needs to be done via periodic polling.

Aaron_Dear
Level 3

Hey Marissa,

I did this using Skuid​ a while ago. It acts as a configurable data source platform and drag-and-drop UX builder on top of SFDC.

Here's what I think you'll need based on my memory:

• Asset API - Browse Files (of a parent folder)​ this is the browsing endpoint for assets in a parent folder.
  • Marketo Program Id associated with your Salesforce Campaign - throw that value into a SFDC campaign field so that you can query for the right assets
    • ID = your SFDC Campaign's syncing Program ID
    • Type = Folder
    • I think I had people put the Marketo Program ID into the SFDC campaign as part of a process, not automated. Sanford Whiteman​ - is there an endpoint that lets you query a Program based on a SFDC Campaign ID? I trust your eidetic API knowledge.

The end result is that, when you navigate to your SFDC Campaign Detail page, the Asset API is pinged for child assets of the given Marketo Program ID. Also, take this with a grain of salt since it's been a while!

Best,

Aaron

PS: If Sanford says anything I said is wrong, listen to him. Hahaha. And if you wanna walk through this together, I'm down. It'd probably take about 20 minutes.