Sharing Marketo segmentation audiences with AEP

Anand_Raj_S
Level 1

Sharing Marketo segmentation audiences with AEP

Dear Community,

I am wondering if it is possible to send Marketo segmentation audience to Adobe Experience Platform (AEP). Or, at the very least, can we send smart list static list data to AEP? If either of these is possible, what is the way?

I am currently using Marketo to create and manage my segmentation audiences. However, I am also using AEP to track my customer data and create personalized experiences. I would like to be able to use the same audiences in both platforms so that I can have a single view of my customers.

I have done some research and I know that it is possible to send Marketo segments to AEP using the Core Services integration. However, I am not sure if this is the best way to do it. I would like to hear from the community if there are any other ways to send Marketo segmentation audiences to AEP.

If you have any experience with this, please let me know. I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Thank you,
Anand

1 REPLY 1
Beth_Massura
Level 8 - Champion

Re: Sharing Marketo segmentation audiences with AEP

Hi @Anand_Raj_S ,

I don't see segmentations or smart lists listed as objects that can come from Marketo to AEP using the connector, but static lists and static list membership are listed. See the Marketo Engage connector and Marketo Engage field mappings documentation for details.

This four-part blog series on Marketo Engage + Adobe Experience Cloud might be helpful: part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4. While it doesn't specifically call out Marketo segmentations, it covers some considerations about where "audience building" might best be done - e.g. Marketo vs. AEP/RT-CDP. I wonder if there might be a case for your team to create the audiences in AEP which are then leveraged (as static lists) in Marketo segmentations to be used for dynamic content, etc.

Thanks,

Beth Massura

2022 Adobe Marketo Engage Champion