SOLVED

Shared ip warming

Go to solution
Khyra
Level 2

Shared ip warming

Hi there!

Currently migrating from Campaign Monitor to Marketo. The domain is not changing and we will be on a shared IP in Marketo. Given this info, should I do an IP warm-up? If so, what daily volume should I define? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Shared ip warming

I don't think there's a need for IP warming given that you'll be on the shared IP and you aren't changing the domain! However, if you plan to increase the email volumes significantly or have any email deliverability issues currently, you'd want to consider the IP warming. Also, fyr - if you're gonna create a new subdomain from a warm domain, then you'd need to warm it as ISPs view new subdomains as the unknown senders.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Shared ip warming

I don't think there's a need for IP warming given that you'll be on the shared IP and you aren't changing the domain! However, if you plan to increase the email volumes significantly or have any email deliverability issues currently, you'd want to consider the IP warming. Also, fyr - if you're gonna create a new subdomain from a warm domain, then you'd need to warm it as ISPs view new subdomains as the unknown senders.