SOLVED

Re: SFDC sync API rate limit alerts

Go to solution
TonyM
Level 2

SFDC sync API rate limit alerts

This is likely not doable but here goes nothing. Scenario is that SFDC sync fails silently on SFDC's end which means no triggers, alerts, etc. It just fails once the limit is reached. There are obviously ways to mitigate that such as increasing rate limit on SFDC and optimizing sync queries. But I'm curious about alerts from Marketo. Is there a way to get alerts from Marketo when that rate limit is hit? Or in other words, when that sync fails? Email would be fine to be honest.

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Hi @TonyM 

The notifications are mostly for errors or failures with some crm based config changes - examples below.

You can view the notifications area on the top right of the Marketo instance. You can then filter it down by 'CRM Sync' and those are all the error notifications you would receive via email. I am not sure if you can distinguish between the various CRM errors unless you log into the instance and check the notification.

FYI - I don't have an example screenshot, but I do know that if Marketo is unable to make an API call to Salesforce to sync data due to SFDC API limit reached, it will show an error in the notification that the Salesforce API limit has been reached <- I assume this is what you are after.

Floyd_Alvares2_0-1635202032872.png

Floyd_Alvares2_1-1635202141512.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Hi @TonyM 

You can create a subscription for the CRM sync notifications. However, you will get a lot as a lot of sync leads/sync failures would come through this notification as wel.

Floyd_Alvares2_0-1635196894193.png

Hope his helps!

Floyd

TonyM
Level 2

Thank you @Floyd_Alvares2 . Are you saying that alerts would be sent for successful syncs, failures, etc (well, everything)? Just out of curiosity, are these distinguishable? That is would I be able to tell whether a specific notification was due to hitting limit vs some other unrelated issue? 

Again, this isn't my forte but I'm thinking along the lines of filtering those emails to look for rate limit failures. 

Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Hi @TonyM 

The notifications are mostly for errors or failures with some crm based config changes - examples below.

You can view the notifications area on the top right of the Marketo instance. You can then filter it down by 'CRM Sync' and those are all the error notifications you would receive via email. I am not sure if you can distinguish between the various CRM errors unless you log into the instance and check the notification.

FYI - I don't have an example screenshot, but I do know that if Marketo is unable to make an API call to Salesforce to sync data due to SFDC API limit reached, it will show an error in the notification that the Salesforce API limit has been reached <- I assume this is what you are after.

Floyd_Alvares2_0-1635202032872.png

Floyd_Alvares2_1-1635202141512.png

TonyM
Level 2

Ahh gotcha, thank you.