SOLVED

Unsubscribe Link Appears Much Long than Needed

Go to solution
nzgorski
Level 2

Unsubscribe Link Appears Much Long than Needed

Hello, 

The unsubscribe link in our email template is appearing much longer than what would be expected. Has anyone encountered this before?

We use {{system.unsubscribeLink}} to display the unsub link.

Here is what we use in our Unsubscribe HTML: 

<p><font face="Verdana" size="1">This email was sent to {{lead.Email Address}}. If you no longer wish to receive these emails you may <a href="%mkt_opt_out_prefix%UnsubscribePage.html?mkt_unsubscribe=1&mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK##">unsubscribe</a> at any time.</font></p>

Below is a screenshot on what the link is appearing as.

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 8.49.58 PM.png

Ideally, we would like the link to appear as 'unsubscribe' instead of this long link.

Any suggestions/insight here would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you in advance!
Nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Unsubscribe Link Appears Much Long than Needed

Are you sure that is the code that produces the below screenshot?  You've said you use {{system.unsubscribeLink}}, but then your sample code doesn't use it, and in fact is straight from the example from this blog post

https://nation.marketo.com/t5/champion-program-blogs/the-comprehensive-guide-to-setting-up-the-unsub...

but it is NOT what is indicated in your screenshot.

Based on your screen shot, I presume you have something like

<a href="{{system.unsubscribeLink}}">{{system.unsubscribeLink}}</a>

as your link.

To resolve, replace the second of these tags with some real text. (e.g. Here is Prognos's super awesome unsub page)

Regards

Jo

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Are you sure that is the code that produces the below screenshot?  You've said you use {{system.unsubscribeLink}}, but then your sample code doesn't use it, and in fact is straight from the example from this blog post

https://nation.marketo.com/t5/champion-program-blogs/the-comprehensive-guide-to-setting-up-the-unsub...

but it is NOT what is indicated in your screenshot.

Based on your screen shot, I presume you have something like

<a href="{{system.unsubscribeLink}}">{{system.unsubscribeLink}}</a>

as your link.

To resolve, replace the second of these tags with some real text. (e.g. Here is Prognos's super awesome unsub page)

Regards

Jo

nzgorski
Level 2

Thank you Jo, I appreciate your time and reply here. 

Not sure what was going on with the {{system.unsubscribeLink}}, but when we display this token via text on the email, it ended up displaying the full long link. The same would also happen when trying this:

<a href="{{system.unsubscribeLink}}">Unsubscribe</a>

I ended up just inputting text and linking that text to our system unsubscribe token and that seems to have cleaned things up.

Thank you for your suggestions!
Nick