SOLVED

Re: SFDC Professional Edition customers - sync change alert - please read!

Go to solution
Erica_Harris2
Level 3

Mike Reynolds​ , Arjun Nair -

Best news I've had today, just in time for the weekend!  Thanks for following up on this, a huge relief.

Grégoire Michel​ you are so right!

Have a good weekend -

Erica

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for the clarification.  I can confirm that the "you must upgrade to the Enterprise Edition" response received from Erica's Salesforce rep is exactly what I received.  As of Jan 31st, midnight, our Marketo sync with Salesforce went down and has remained inoperable.

We had followed the instructions from Marketo and contacted Salesforce support last year about the potential for sync problems.  We added the new fields and were told that there should be no sync issues.

When the sync stopped we naturally got on the horn with both Salesforce and Marketo and, after much back and forth, were told that a SF upgrade would be necessary to resume the integration.  We're a small company with 13 SF users. My SF contract is up in July and I have no intention of paying what amounts to blackmail to upgrade.

Anyone gotten else having the same issues? Anyone found a work-around?

Thanks!

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Hi Lynne Hagan

Sorry to hear that you're having the problems here. I can't speak for Salesforce's sales team and what their sales reps want to say. However, that said, you don't need to upgrade to a newer version of Salesforce just to get SOAP API access. It should be available as an add-on that can be added to your existing Professional Edition version. Obviously they're going to charge for that add-on because it's a new addition to your service, but it should not require a full upgrade to Enterprise Edition. As long as the add-on you get is SOAP API access, there shouldn't be any need to upgrade unless Salesforce has changed their policies.

-Mike

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lynne,

What Mike Reynolds says above is true. We added API access to our Professional Edition subscription and the sync has continued to work. The reps are over-enthusiastic (charitable interpretation) in their sales tactics.

Hope this helps,

- Erica (from a different account, as I work for a few Marketo clients)

Bob_Potock
Level 1

Hi,

I am having the same problem and the Salesforce rep said I need to purchase a API Access license per user.  And the numbers he quoted would be a 40% annual cost increase. 

How may API Access licenses did you have to purchase and at what approximate cost?

Thanks.

Bob

Bob Potock
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Bob,

Yes, the way they sell the API is per user and all you SFDC users will count.

But 40% seems to me a very high percentage. I remember we in Europe (who always had to buy it) would buy it 20% or 30%

-Greg

Erica_Harris2
Level 3

Hi Bob,

We had to purchased API licences for all users, they won't do it any other way. I don't know the cost increase (I'm not on the commercial side) but it was definitely a lot cheaper than upgrading to Enterprise for 31 users! The Salesforce salespeople appear to have huge target pressure because their sales tactics have been pretty borderline with us (not just with this issue, which was particularly bad).

- Erica

Bob_Potock
Level 1

Thank you for the information.

The SF rep has been all over the place on what this is going to cost.  One API license per user was one of the cost estimates.   That is a significant cost increase for something that was free during the original purchase.

- Bob

Bob Potock
Erica_Harris2
Level 3

Couldn't agree more!

- Erica