SOLVED

SFDC Integration Detecting Inactive User for Task Creation

Go to solution
jrapp
Level 2

SFDC Integration Detecting Inactive User for Task Creation

I am using the create SF task flow step in several campaigns and assigning them to our reps in SF.  One of our reps left the company temporarily and then came back.  Rather than reactivating the old user record in Salesforce when he returned, a new user record was created. 

The Marketo create task flow step is now only detecting the old inactive user record in SF and is erroring out and not creating tasks because it's registering him as being inactive.  What's stranger, is it's doing fine assigning leads to the correct SF user record.  When setting up the flowstep, I only have one option for the "assigned to" user on the task.  Any ideas on where I can troubleshoot this connection or how to go about fixing the issue? 

jrapp_0-1699040575170.png

**Salesforce does not allow the deletion of a user record, so that is not an option, and this is a SF user not a Marketo user so deleting and creating a new Marketo user will not fix the issue either.  TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: SFDC Integration Detecting Inactive User for Task Creation

This is a great question, @jrapp! Deactivating or creating a duplicate SF user could throw integration off, especially if it's not designed for such cases. If I were you, I'd have raised a question with the Marketo support team to find whether this is how it's engineered (in which case, this needs to be fixed) or there's a localized bug in your instance that needs to be taken care of. Whatever the case, this should not be happening in an ideal situation. I had a quick look at the Ideas board, but didn't find anything similar to this there—maybe users aren't much aware of this exceptional behavior regarding the integration.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: SFDC Integration Detecting Inactive User for Task Creation

This is a great question, @jrapp! Deactivating or creating a duplicate SF user could throw integration off, especially if it's not designed for such cases. If I were you, I'd have raised a question with the Marketo support team to find whether this is how it's engineered (in which case, this needs to be fixed) or there's a localized bug in your instance that needs to be taken care of. Whatever the case, this should not be happening in an ideal situation. I had a quick look at the Ideas board, but didn't find anything similar to this there—maybe users aren't much aware of this exceptional behavior regarding the integration.