SOLVED

Can you make edits within an engagement program while streams are still activated?

Go to solution
Tricia_McLella1
Level 2

Can you make edits within an engagement program while streams are still activated?

I have an engagement program with four active streams and need to make some changes to the emails.

Do I have to turn the program off AND deactivate each stream? Or do I just have to do one or the other?

Plus, I wish to avoid making any changes that would impact the current state of the program/not interrupt the leads as they go through the stream. 

Thanks for any suggestions!

Tricia McLellan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Can you make edits within an engagement program while streams are still activated?

Yes, you can make edits to the emails (or even default programs, as a matter of fact) in the stream without deactivating content in the stream or turning off the engagement program. The engagement program will send the approved version of the email during the nurture cast, even though you have an unapproved draft version of the email.

Plus, I wish to avoid making any changes that would impact the current state of the program/not interrupt the leads as they go through the stream. 

Well, updating content won't impact the members or cast (unless of course, you turn off the EP or deactivate the content in the first place)! Members would receive the approved version of the first content that's not being sent from the top of the stream. I hope this helps. Please feel free to post any questions you may have. 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Darshil_Shah1

Re: Can you make edits within an engagement program while streams are still activated?

Yes, you can make edits to the emails (or even default programs, as a matter of fact) in the stream without deactivating content in the stream or turning off the engagement program. The engagement program will send the approved version of the email during the nurture cast, even though you have an unapproved draft version of the email.

Well, updating content won't impact the members or cast (unless of course, you turn off the EP or deactivate the content in the first place)! Members would receive the approved version of the first content that's not being sent from the top of the stream. I hope this helps. Please feel free to post any questions you may have. 🙂

Tricia_McLella1
Level 2

Thanks so much for your help Darshil!

Tricia McLellan
Zoe_Forman
Level 9 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Whilst you can edit the emails, ensure you have at least 15 minutes before the due send time, to make sure that the cast has yet to start processing.

I did get caught out once and changed 2 languages, but the other 2 languages stayed the same at the time the cast sent.

Darshil_Shah1

Good point, @Zoe_Forman! I always prefer all the content to be well-approved a few hours ahead of the scheduled cast time. It is worth mentioning that with the Recipient Time Zone options selected, the emails are sent out at midnight in the first or earliest time zone in the world (UTC +14:00), i.e., have everything approved and set at least 25 hours before the scheduled cast date time.