SOLVED

SFDC flow actions - difference between change owner and sync person to SFDC

Go to solution
yvonnelee
Level 1

SFDC flow actions - difference between change owner and sync person to SFDC

I'm looking to assign leads from Marketo. In my program, I already have a flow and the first step is "Sync to Marketo" for the bi-directional sync from SFDC to Marketo. After that step, I want to assign the lead owner, which would be the better flow action? Change owner? Or Sync Person to SFDC? I'm having trouble understanding the difference. I'm currently using Change Owner and it seems to be working just fine, previously I was using Sync Person to SFDC which was also working just fine. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: SFDC flow actions - difference between change owner and sync person to SFDC

Change Owner is the appropriate choice IMO, since you know you are forcing a change.

Sync to SFDC allows the existing owner to be kept by default.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Change Owner is the appropriate choice IMO, since you know you are forcing a change.

Sync to SFDC allows the existing owner to be kept by default.

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

I don't understand Sync to Marketo flow step in the first line (maybe it was a typo and you meant Sync Person to SFDC flow step instead). As you've already tested out, both the flow steps could be used interchangeably for assigning a person to the particular owner in SFDC and both steps would force a sync (i.e., an upsert action in the SFDC) too. I second Sandy's thought on using a Change Owner flow step rather than adding an owner in the Sync Person to SFDC flow step itself as having a separate step helps in breaking down the person sync from the change owner step and users won't miss seeing non-default owner assignment which they might if you use a single flow step, but it all ultimately depends on your team's preferences. Also, you'd probably know this, but just an FYI, Marketo would create a duplicate lead record in SFDC when you assign a contact record to Queue. 🙂