SFDC Custom Object linked to both Lead and Contact

ShannonKelly1
Level 3

SFDC Custom Object linked to both Lead and Contact

Hello,

We will be syncing an SFDC Custom Object that is connected to both Lead and Contact in SFDC.

In Marketo, I think we'll need to select the table on both the Lead and Contact objects in order to sync, and it will appear in Marketo as two separate COs. Is this correct?

And based on that, we will need to use 2 filters to capture CO records for both Leads and Contacts. Please let me know if my understanding is correct. Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Karthick77
Level 3

Re: SFDC Custom Object linked to both Lead and Contact

I encountered a situation while setting up a gated content campaign where both leads and contacts are flowing together. However, I faced an issue with capturing industry information. The industry field was designed to capture values for contacts only, so the industry values for leads were not being captured. This made me realize the necessity of having separate fields for leads and contacts.

Yes, to capture Custom Object records for both Leads and Contacts, you'll need to set up two filters, one for Leads and another for Contacts. This ensures that records from both objects are captured appropriately in Marketo.

Thank you

Karthcik R