SOLVED

SFDC Campaign Sync - Ignore Invited

Go to solution
Itay_Billet4
Level 8

SFDC Campaign Sync - Ignore Invited

We're sending webinar invites to our database (each webinar is a separate program) and we would like to exclude "Invited" / "Sent" member status to sync into SFDC Campaign, as it messes up campaign attribution and reporting.
I know "SFDC Campaign sync" will cause all members to sync, and currently there isn't a filter by status. It's still valueble to see invited in the Program level...did anyone has a workaround for this?

Thanks!

Itay
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SFDC Campaign Sync - Ignore Invited

Hi Itay

Also if you do not sync the SFDC Campaign at the Program level (under Program Setup)

Instead use the campaign flow step "Change Status in SFDC Campaign"

So if the lead opens/clicks/registers/attends etc... you can use the flow step to update sfdc campaign with the appropriate status.

Couple of issues with this approach.

1. You need to manually create the Campaign Member Status in SFDC to reflect the Progression status in Marketo. This will be manual for each SFDC Campaign.

2. API Limit: With the flow step each change in progression and Change status in SFDC Campaign will use 1 api call per progression change per lead. Depending on how many leads and webinars you are running you may want to be carefull on how much of your SFDC API Limit you are using.

Rgs

Damien

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a number of scenarios and business requirements to consider before elaborating a complete answer.

In the most generic overview program members have a default status. Invited is often the first for webinars.
One option is editing Admin - Tags -Channel - Webinar to add a step such as "Intial Progression" and assign the lowest number in the sequence. It does not prevent an initial status if that is what you have in mind. It just adds a degree of flexibility if Invited does not reflect the goals set in Salesforce.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Itay

Also if you do not sync the SFDC Campaign at the Program level (under Program Setup)

Instead use the campaign flow step "Change Status in SFDC Campaign"

So if the lead opens/clicks/registers/attends etc... you can use the flow step to update sfdc campaign with the appropriate status.

Couple of issues with this approach.

1. You need to manually create the Campaign Member Status in SFDC to reflect the Progression status in Marketo. This will be manual for each SFDC Campaign.

2. API Limit: With the flow step each change in progression and Change status in SFDC Campaign will use 1 api call per progression change per lead. Depending on how many leads and webinars you are running you may want to be carefull on how much of your SFDC API Limit you are using.

Rgs

Damien

Itay_Billet4
Level 8

Thanks Damien, in addition to that - we can use "Change program status" to change the status in this program, right?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Itay

Yes use the Change Progression status to update the Marketo program as well.

Rgs
Damien

Itay_Billet4
Level 8

Thanks! I understand it's not an ideal solution, but I'll use it until syncing only specific progression statuses will be possible
(Appears as an Idea here: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000HnEkAAK)
Kathi_Gosche
Level 4

If you sync to a SFDC campaign at a flow step instead of the program level, does the status change in Marketo to match the SFDC status if it is changed in SFDC?

Here's an example:

• Email 1000 leads to invite them to a webinar
• Since I don't want sales reps to receive a "new lead" notification from SFDC for leads that have not previously been synced to SFDC when I send the invitation, I do not sync at the program level, but rather within a trigger flow step once the lead fills out the registration form. However I do want that behavior in other campains, like such as a trial request
• Lead syncs to SFDC campaign with status of "Pending Approval"
• Rep logs into SFDC and changes the status of the lead to "Registered"
• So far, the lead status has not been updated within Marketo to match the new SFDC status