SOLVED

Re: SF sync errors

Go to solution
Nurture_Ninja
Level 4

SF sync errors

I'm trying to keep a track on SFDC sync errors and I'm brutally lost. I have 100k+ error lines in the last 5 days. Most of them are recurring errors.

Any thoughts on what this error means? cannot retrieve the record (<SFDC ID>) from sfdc

I intitally thought these were simply sync errors but i see those under notifications with emails. These appear to be different. 

Appreciate your inputs. Thanks.

Edits: Another error is the record (<<SFDC ID>>) is filtered

I read through this thread which talks about this error https://nation.marketo.com/t5/product-discussions/error-synching-to-sfdc-quot-the-record-is-filtered...

However, my issue is that of the 57 leads with this error, 9 leads have the sync flag turned on. The field updates in SF for these values is synching back to Marketo.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KevinH
Level 2

In general this looks like a sync user access permission issue.

Looks like this solution might help you here:

https://nation.marketo.com/t5/knowledgebase/syncing-record-to-sfdc-fails-with-error-cannot-retrieve-...

Issue

You receive the error "Failed: cannot retrieve values for sfdc id" when trying to sync a record between Salesforce and Marketo.

Solution

You can get this error message if the lead owner associated to the lead is not visible to the Marketo sync user. To troubleshoot this issue, do the following"

1. Log into Salesforce using the Marketo sync user listed in Admin > Salesforce
  2. Confirm the record is visible to the Marketo sync user.
  3. Confirm the lead owner associated with the record is visible to the Marketo sync user.
  4. If the lead owner is not visible to the Marketo sync user, work with your SFDC Admin to allow the sync user to see it, or change the lead owner to something that is visible to Marketo.

Once this is done, try the sync again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KevinH
Level 2

In general this looks like a sync user access permission issue.

Looks like this solution might help you here:

https://nation.marketo.com/t5/knowledgebase/syncing-record-to-sfdc-fails-with-error-cannot-retrieve-...

Issue

You receive the error "Failed: cannot retrieve values for sfdc id" when trying to sync a record between Salesforce and Marketo.

Solution

You can get this error message if the lead owner associated to the lead is not visible to the Marketo sync user. To troubleshoot this issue, do the following"

1. Log into Salesforce using the Marketo sync user listed in Admin > Salesforce
  2. Confirm the record is visible to the Marketo sync user.
  3. Confirm the lead owner associated with the record is visible to the Marketo sync user.
  4. If the lead owner is not visible to the Marketo sync user, work with your SFDC Admin to allow the sync user to see it, or change the lead owner to something that is visible to Marketo.

Once this is done, try the sync again.

Nurture_Ninja
Level 4

Thank you for the detailed solution steps.

In my case however, the lead owner and marketo sync user are same.

So, I think I think that's not the issue. 

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

For the cannot retrieve the record (<SFDC ID>) from SFDC error, could you verify if those records aren't deleted from Salesforce?  Apart from the sync user not being able to access the record because of missing permission, the most likely scenario is that the SFDC record with the mentioned ID has been deleted, making it inaccessible to Marketo. And, for the "the record (<<SFDC ID>>) is filtered"  error, for those 9 records, could you try to uncheck the Sync with Marketo field and then turn it back on from the Salesforce side and see if that resolves the error? 

I'd verify the sync flag in Salesforce, as for a record that's syncing, you can technically update the flag to stop the sync; however, for a record that's not syncing, you won't be able to turn the sync on from Marketo; you've got to do it from Salesforce's end. The only value of the field that matters is the one from SFDC. So if the field is set to "true" in SFDC, it will sync, otherwise, it will not, whatever the value of the field in Marketo.