SOLVED

Re: Setup a Reminder Service | duration up to one year | advanced wait properties

Go to solution
WolframLotz
Level 4

Setup a Reminder Service | duration up to one year | advanced wait properties

Hi everyone, 
we like to setup a reminder service for our customer. 

Use case is:

- User fills out a form - which includes a date picker for a reminder

- user selects a date which can be up to one year in the future (limited by the form)

- At the specified date we send an email to the user 

My current setup is:

- Fills out form saves the date as lead data field

- Fills out form triggers a campaign. In the flow I added a "wait" step specified to:

-- Type "Date Token"

-- End on {{lead.name-of-field}}

What I wonder is:

- This smart campaign - once started - has to run up to 1 year till it triggers the send out. Do I have to expect issues with such a long wait time? 

- Do you see any alternative setup for this? 

- How could I stop the send out for such a user in case he will change the date. 

What I checked but doesn't seem to be possible

- Setting up a  smart campaign which is run on a daily base

- Adding a filter like if field XY is {{system.date}} BUT unfortunately it was not possible to specify the equal value with a token.  

Anyone who already made some experiences with this? 

Kind Regards Wolfram

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WolframLotz
Level 4

Re: Setup a Reminder Service | duration up to one year | advanced wait properties

Hi Katja, 

luckily was able to solve the issue 🙂
Thank you

About your question. My issue was that I simply was not able to set the filter to "today". 
I thought I have to use the "is" statement BUT I was not able to define the present day as value. 
Found out that the statement "in time frame" offers as value "today". So with that it worked. 🙂

Kind regards
Wolfram

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

If you capture the date upon the form fill, why would you need that massive wait step? Simply set up a daily batch smart campaign to send out the reminder for anyone whose value in the field is today?

WolframLotz
Level 4

Hi Katja, 

luckily was able to solve the issue 🙂
Thank you

About your question. My issue was that I simply was not able to set the filter to "today". 
I thought I have to use the "is" statement BUT I was not able to define the present day as value. 
Found out that the statement "in time frame" offers as value "today". So with that it worked. 🙂

Kind regards
Wolfram