Setting up first webinar

Anonymous
Not applicable

Setting up first webinar

Hi,

We are running our second webinar in our series in January, and I am trying to create the program in Marketo. I am a newbie and have no experience with the Event program type.

I have set up WebEx as a Launchpartner. We are using WebEx landing pages for registration, and after some reading on the docs site, and I am beginning to think we will not be able to automate our email campaigns for each webinar unless we are using Marketo forms - is this correct? I can't seem to figure out how to set up the right Flows to trigger 'Registered', 'Attended' etc.

I am also trying to find just some very basic how to set up a webinar and best practices type info. Most of the documentation I've come across is still a little advanced for me, so any thing anyone can contribute would be much appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Setting up first webinar

Hi Kristan,

Does the documentation at

Create an Event with WebEx - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

help?

'Registered', 'attended' etc are Marketo program status values for this kind of program. If your Marketo program is correctly set up with accurate values of Webex id etc,  If anyone attends the webex meeting, the Webex-Marketo integration is set to add that lead to the Marketo program with status 'attended' etc.

You can also refresh it at,

pastedImage_1.png

Lets say you want to send 'Thank you for attending the webinar' email to all the attendees, you can create a smart campaign with smart list that listens to trigger 'program status changed' with new value 'attended' for that program name. And in the flow actions, send that 'thank you email', possibly increase score, send alert, add a note in SFDC and so on. Same way, you can do for 'no show', and other statuses as needed.

hope this helps.

Rajesh Talele

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, and remember to set the entire system up in Marketo. Please do not use the provider's reg page. you lose a lot of automation that way.

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

You can use a checklist like this - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SwzV134WsO4wKyct4LTUO0BA4J8yPpm6QMmF7Fn_pjk/edit#gid=0

We use it for testing and reviewing Webinar programs in Marketo. Reach out directly if you need more details.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone. It sounds like until we use Marketo for the registration page as well, I am very limited in the automation we can achieve. Without that, Marketo has no way of knowing whether or not a person has registered/attended/etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's correct Kristan. If you use Webex built in forms, you will have to export attendees and no shows information from Webex and manually import in Marketo.

Rajesh