Re: Setting up blind forms

David_Lerma
Level 1

Setting up blind forms

I've seen some posts related to this topic, but curious to know if any out-of-the-box functionality has been introduced to accomodate blind form submissions w/o the use of javascript.

Use case is to promote content, such as a whitepaper, via email where, by clicking the CTA link, the recipient accesses the content (hosted page). However, on the back-end, it would appear as a form submission. The audience for this email promotion would be contacts where we have complete lead records (no missing contact data). Therefore, existing data would be used to pass the required form field values for form submission.

I hope the above makes sense. Thanks!
David
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey David,

You could create a form with just hidden fields that would capture just the source information that you're looking to update and their email address (prepopulated -- from a cookie in the email that they're clicking), and maybe the CTA would be "Download the [Content] Now" so that it appears as a blind form submission, but still captures a few snippets of information.

Just make sure you remember to put their email address as a hidden field so that it updates and links back to an already existing record.
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

@David like @Dory says you don't need to show any fields, just the Submit button. We also auto-submit forms all the time. Just put form.submit() in the form setup handler and the user doesn't have any interaction with the form, but the data is of course posted to Marketo.

EDIT: I see you did say, "without the use of JavaScript" but this is impossible.  Anything that must be done to a form without user interaction must be done by JS: either they click or you click for them via form.submit() or button.click() or xhr.send(), there's no other "end around" to get the form submitted.
David_Lerma
Level 1

@Dory, Thanks! This seems fairly straightforward!

@Sanford, regarding the auto-submit process you reference, do you have a sample script you use for this process? I was referencing http://developers.marketo.com/documentation/websites/forms-2-0/, but want to be sure to reference what is needed (obviously not a web developer 🙂 ).

Thanks!
David
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

@David L Here's a sample:

<script src="//app-sj01.marketo.com/js/forms2/js/forms2.min.js"></script>
<form id="mktoForm_120"></form>
<script>MktoForms2.loadForm("//app-sj01.marketo.com", "XXX-YYY-ZZZ", 120,
    function(form) 
    {
        form.submit();