Setting up a new API integration with a Content Syndication vendor who insists on us using the SOAP API fields. What can I do to set this up best without running into any problems down the road?

Nancy_Rosentha5
Level 2

Setting up a new API integration with a Content Syndication vendor who insists on us using the SOAP API fields. What can I do to set this up best without running into any problems down the road?

Setting up an API Integration for Content Syndication.  They will be using a form ID, but they have specified we have to use SOAP API values, due to their backend processes already in place.  So, I have set up a Campaign to identify these incoming leads by fills out form, BUT there is no "Source" constraint? How can I pick up the source, like that in the Trigger: Person is Created?  I am including this trigger for the new leads, but need to figure out the best way to pick up the NOT net new leads coming into this campaign, bearing in mind we have lots of CS Vendors and lots of assets with each of these (download white paper, download how to, etc.)

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Setting up a new API integration with a Content Syndication vendor who insists on us using the SOAP API fields.  What can I do to set this up best without running into any problems down the road?

Setting up an API Integration for Content Syndication.  They will be using a form ID, but they have specified we have to use SOAP API values, due to their backend processes already in place.

That means they're doing a server-side form post (not technically using the SOAP API). The SOAP API field names are the same as the form field names.

Such an integration is not really scalable.

But I digress.

Why can't they post a source as a form field? Then you can block updates to that field, and if they haven't set it to their value then by definition they didn't originally source the lead.

There are some other SC setups that can do it as well but this is the simplest.

Nancy_Rosentha5
Level 2

Re: Setting up a new API integration with a Content Syndication vendor who insists on us using the SOAP API fields. What can I do to set this up best without running into any problems down the road?

Are you saying post a value to Person/Lead Source?  In our instance, this field is not that specific other than utilizing this at a more generic level, like "Content Syndication", so I am not sure I understand your meaning behind "post a source as a form field"?  I have created a local form for this purpose, though I am not convinced this is the most effective way of doing this.  Would it be better to be creating a Content Syndication form from the design center, so that we don't end up with a proliferation of forms and insert a hidden field that is the so called "source" like possibly like a campaign name, which will definitely allow me to filter this out by both the CS Vendor and the Asset being served up?