Setting Extra Criteria for Smart Campaign

Anonymous
Not applicable

Setting Extra Criteria for Smart Campaign

Hi all,

For one of our scoring criteria, we want to give people points if they visit a video page. This is easy enough to do (Web Page contains "site/video/pages/").  However, points are also given to people who visit the main video landing page on our site ("site/video/pages/default.aspx"), which we don't want to happen.

Smart List is simple: Visits Web Page - Web page contains "site/video/pages/"

In order to keep that primary video list page from being counted, I first tried the following in the flow:

IF Web Page Visited contains site/video/pages/default.aspx, do nothing.
ELSE add score, create task, etc.

But that didn't work.

Then I tried:

IF Web Page Visited does not contain site/video/pages/default.aspx, add score, create task, etc.
ELSE do nothing.

And that isn't working either.

Where am I going wrong?  Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Brigid_Greenwa2
Level 4

Re: Setting Extra Criteria for Smart Campaign

Hi Ingrid-
Have you tried to add a filter to your trigger to exclude site/video/pages/default?  That would prevent the trigger from firing when it is just a visit on the main page so it would not push a point value in the flow step and not need an IF statement.

Thx!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, tried the filter thing "Visited web page does not contain site/video/pages/default.aspx," but now the scoring is being added to all pages, including that one.  Wish there were a way to add this as a constraint within the trigger itself!
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like you need a way to do this all via the trigger. When you use a filter or a constraint on the flow action, it's just suppressing or including anyone who's ever visited any of those pages. Unfortunately, I think the only ways to do this would be to either change your URL structure such that all the non-default videos are discernable, or to list out all the non-default video URLs in your trigger.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish I had that kind of power.  😉  Thanks, though, for your inputs, Drew and Brigid!
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Please look at what Vidyard.com does. That may help much more.
http://www.marketingrockstarguides.com/how-to-track-video-in-marketo-with-vidyard-1773/
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, we're definitely looking into using them!  Just wanted to put something in place in the meantime ... but if it can't be done, then we'll make do for now.  Thanks, Josh!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for adding us to the discussion, Josh!

Ingrid - we can get you set up quickly if you want to get this page up and running ASAP. Just drop me a line at jon@vidyard.com.  Happy to help if I can!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Jon!  Have already had a few calls with your colleague, so the ball is in motion.  🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome, Ingrid! Glad to hear it - if there's any other way I can help, let me know!

Cheers!