Re: Sequence of emails

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sequence of emails

I want to do the following.

1 - send invite. 2 - send confirmation. 3 - send reminder of event, two days before event

(alt) 4 - send reminder invite, five days before event

I don't believe the above is a nurturing campaign. Would I handle this by creating a default program with 4 smart campaigns? I don't see a "wait until five days before june 4th" flow. Please advise how to go about.

Thanks ~

5 REPLIES 5
Priyank_Joshi3
Level 6

Hi David,

Campaigns you wish to create are campaigns which are associated with program type event. Here is the structure of campaigns:

1 Send Invite
Within your Program type event you can create this campaign, define campaign' smart list for your target audience with flow step send email. This would be a batch campaign which would run on a specific date and time.

2.Send Confirmation
This would be a trigger campaign
Smart list: Trigger Fills Out Form Your event registration form Add constraint Web page is your LP on which form is sitting
Flow: Send email

3. Send Reminder 1 (five days before)

Batch campaign

Smart list: member of program is true, program status is registered

Flow step :Send email

Schedule it to run 5 days before your event

4 Send Reminder 2 (two days before))

Batch campaign

Smart list: member of program is true, program status is registered

Flow step :Send email

Schedule it to run two days before your event

Thanks

Priyank

Anonymous
Not applicable

To be clear, you are saying to make a default program. Within that default program, create 4 smart campaigns with the directions you mentioned above correct? This would be handled completely with smart campaigns within a default program. correct?

Priyank_Joshi3
Level 6

Nop, program would be event type NOT default

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi David,

Yes, I'd create an event program and then within that program a number of different Marketing campaigns to manage the process/workflow.

In your Program you can leverage Program tokens, one of these is a date token that you should set up for the date of your event.

You should make sure to manage program statuses in this type of program.

Smart campaign 1. Send invite Batch

Flow Action : 1. Send Email  2. Change Program Status to invited

Smart Campaign 2. Trigger registration

Trigger : Fill out form

Flow : Change program status to registered.

You have to the choice to add the reminder to campaign 2 (add a wait step that uses a date token : Use a Date Token in a Wait Flow Action - Marketo Docs - Product Docs ) or you could create a 3rd  and 4th campaign for the reminders that fire on Program status change, I would say most people do the later.

In the asset view it will look something like this

pastedImage_3.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect Cathal. One more thing, I just remembered, the actual form is not using marketo form; however, I can use another smart campaign "on page visit, change status to invited". I actually havent been using program statuses much. I need a good refresher on this specifically.

Thanks again ~