Sent contact table to email recipients

Antonia_L
Level 1

Sent contact table to email recipients

Hi all,

I'm looking for a solution to do that:

- sent a list of contact (if possible excel) to an email recipients that haven't access to Maketo

- the list should be composed by all the customers that click on a CTA in my DEM

- I've multiple CTAs and I would like to create different lists for different recipients.

Should I use a Smart List with "Clicked RTP Call to Action"  and in Flow "Add to list" and "send alert"?

Any best practice or idea to share?

Thanks

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Sent contact table to email recipients

A lot of wild directions here... I know this may come off harsh, but if you have no idea where to start, better to simply ask how to do something!

(Wild guesses mean we have to address more topics in our response, which takes time and distracts from the on-topic answers.)

- sent a list of contact (if possible excel) to an email recipients that haven't access to Maketo

You want a Smart List Subscription, see the docs.

- the list should be composed by all the customers that click on a CTA in my DEM

Set up the Smart List so it filters on Clicked Email.

However, you must realize that mail scanners will click links on behalf of your users. You can't assume that every registered click was actually by the intended (human) recipient. In fact the skew due to mail scanners can be overwhelming, depending on your audience. So make sure the SL recipients keep this in mind.

- I've multiple CTAs and I would like to create different lists for different recipients.

Different Smart Lists + Subscriptions, then.

Should I use a Smart List with "Clicked RTP Call to Action"

Certainly not, unless you're using RTP (Web Personalization), a paid add-on to your Marketo subscription.  If you're talking about a link in an email, that's the Clicked (Link in) Email activity type.

... and in Flow "Add to list" and "send alert"?

No. Send Alert sends individual alerts at the time it's triggered, not aggregate reports. Add to List is for manually adding to static Lists. You do not need to add anybody to a List. Smart List membership is automatic.

Only Smart Campaigns have flows, and there's no need for any flow actions at all.

You want to build standalone Smart Lists with filters, not Smart Campaigns. Then -- after running some tests to make sure you're catching the right people -- subscribe each recipient to their appropriate Smart List and they'll get a daily email.

And above all it sounds like you need to spend some time with Marketo docs & training materials.

Antonia_L
Level 1

Re: Sent contact table to email recipients

Thank you Sanford!  I'm moving first steps with Marketo but with docs and the precious community for sure I will learn how to implement successful campaigns