Re: Sending to two different addresses from one API call

Michael_McGowan
Level 1

Sending to two different addresses from one API call

Hello all,

As my company is setting up different email flows to comply with the CCPA regulation, I have one requirement that I cannot figure out and need some help.

According to our council, an “Authorized Agent” can request a deletion on behalf of someone else.

To accomplish this, on a webpage form, a person chooses whether they are the requestor, or an Authorized Agent. If the latter, then they need to put in their email address, as well as the email address of the member they are acting on. Upon submit of the form, an API call is made to Marketo and the agent’s email address goes into a separate column call AgentEmail, and an email is sent to the member based on the member’s ID number and the email address associated with their ID. However, I also need to send an email to the Agent. Here is where I struggle, is there a way to send an email to the Agent based on the email address in the AgentEmail column? Is there a better way to go about this?

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can use the CC feature to send the same email to both, by nominating AgentEmail as an eligible CC field (see the docs).

You can use the traditional Send Alert feature to send different email content to the AgentEmail.

Michael_McGowan
Level 1

Thank you Sanford. Would the attached image be correct? First time using this functionalityMarketo_Flow.PNG

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

No, the field would be AgentEmail  (not my.AgentEmail) and the token is {{lead.AgentEmail}}.