SOLVED

Sending text only emails that appear to be from account managers.

Go to solution
Gary_Marsh
Level 1

Sending text only emails that appear to be from account managers.

I am newer to Marketo and my manager has tasked me with setting up text only emails that will appear to be sent from specific Account Managers. I am unsure as to how to do this, and what other things I need to consider when doing so. If someone could point me in the right  direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

Gary Marsh
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Sending text only emails that appear to be from account managers.

If you want to send an email from a specific person, you need to have fields on their person record for first name, last name, and email address (and possibly other fields like title, phone, etc.). You set up the email template to use tokens for those fields in the from, from name, etc. sections of the email. 

You can create an email template to mimic a plain text email and then use that in your send.

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If you want to send an email from a specific person, you need to have fields on their person record for first name, last name, and email address (and possibly other fields like title, phone, etc.). You set up the email template to use tokens for those fields in the from, from name, etc. sections of the email. 

You can create an email template to mimic a plain text email and then use that in your send.

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

To be clear for the OP, the reason you might "mimic" a plain text email (using HTML + Courier font, for example) instead of sending an actual Text Only email is that a true Text Only email cannot track opens. (And lacks other text-ish formatting you might attempt, like ASCII art.)

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

@Gary_Marsh please return to the thread and mark a Solution.