SOLVED

Sending Segmentation to Sales through an Alert

Go to solution
Jean-Pascal_Mer
Level 4

Sending Segmentation to Sales through an Alert

Hi guys,

I've created a segmentation of our leads for our sales territory.

When sending an alert to the Sales team, I want to communicate which territory the lead is assigned to. Is there a way I can leverage my Segmentation for this or do I need to create a Campaign where, everytime a lead is created, I assign a territory in a custom field and then use this token instead?

I'd rather not duplicate this information, if possible.

Thanks

JP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Sending Segmentation to Sales through an Alert

Two other possible solutions here...

1. Send an alert email using choices, and have different alert emails that identify each segment.
  2. Use dynamic content in your alert email that will identify which segment a record is a member of

This will prevent you from having to create a new custom field and write it/update it for every record.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Unfortunately segments are not available as tokens so your best bet is to create a custom field that can be populated with the segment through a smart campaign.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Two other possible solutions here...

1. Send an alert email using choices, and have different alert emails that identify each segment.
  2. Use dynamic content in your alert email that will identify which segment a record is a member of

This will prevent you from having to create a new custom field and write it/update it for every record.

Jean-Pascal_Mer
Level 4

Thanks Dory, that makes sense.